cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a complaint even worth it?

leew1
On our wavelength

For months now, my Broadband has been dropping packets every day. My internet drops for anything from a few seconds to a few minutes, but it does it regularly.  I had an engineer out who could find nothing wrong.  It was suggested that as I had put my router in front of theirs, they couldn't see any issues that may have been there.

The engineer gave me a new modem and changed some cables, and since then (8 weeks ago), I have not put my router in front of the new one provided; they can still not see any issues.  

This is a good day; I am not imagining the issues.  Took me 15 mins to make this post because it cut out 3 times.

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 20.42.39.jpg

At this point, I am now wondering whether a written complaint would make any difference.  I'm interested if that has worked for anyone else.  A complaint to Ofcom, perhaps?

If not, I will cancel and change provider.  I've been with them since I moved into this house in 1998, and it was NTL.  But I can't keep going like this, being told there is nothing wrong. 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @leew1, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the problems you're having and that you're thinking of leaving us 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

Client62
Legend

Share the packet loss results from :

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see all the stats.