cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps going off

harmony802005
Tuning in

Hi there , I’m hoping someone can offer some advice ,I’ve been having problems on and off for a while and it’s now getting very testing , I have a hub3 and for no reason at all the internet just goes off and I have to do a hard rest with the pin hole for 30 secs , it’s happen twice today so far, I have rung up virgin about this problem and the last time I spoke to someone was 18th March 24 ,which I’m told they will monitor my , apparently the reason why this keeps happening is because around my area there are new peoples that have  connecting to virgin(internet) and it’s causing network issues but I was assured that it would be sorted out , but it hasn’t … has anyone heard of this as it’s getting very frustrating, it’s not my fault that virgin are getting more peoples that are getting there internet so why should my internet be effected ..  be so appreciated for any help that can be given, thank u 🙂

6 REPLIES 6

harmony802005
Tuning in

Forgot to say I will be ringing virgin media when they open… 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it is over utilisation - see this...

---------------------------------------------

If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then, click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you for your reply , I have to be honest I’m not sure what I’m meant to do with the instructions you have given ,but thank you for replying back, am just awaiting for customer service to open to get this sorted  as it’s not my fault this keeps happening its virgin’s media as they should have a bigger server to accommodate all there customers new and old  so it doesn’t cause network issue like it is , not sure if to ask for a new hub… this is stress I don’t need with being chronic unwell and poorly , just hope somehow there is a solution 😕 thank you for your reply 🙂 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What did CS tell you?  Are thy still really saying they have too many people connected there - it's very rare for them to tell you that!

I think your issues are likely to be related to something else.  Are they only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check on one to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

VM do not have much overutilisation on their network these days after being heavily criticised and fined a few years ago - but if they do - it will be plainly obvious on the BQM. 

Just click that link and set one up.

And if there is OU it will look like this...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Is-my-area-overutilized/m-p/5219803#M3245581

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @harmony802005 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you back. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue and that our teams have not yet been able to resolve this for you, I have take a look and I can see there are a few issues with the Hub specs that will require an engineer to take a closer look.

If the engineer does find that there is high utilisation in the area they can raise this as well with the networking teams but as of yet I cannot see any outages in the area to suggest teams are working on this. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Sorry I’m only responding back now am unwell ,so sorry for only just replying and appreciate your helping with this , so funny enough just over day and half there has been no disconnects , a lovely kind person from virgin media customer service has been so helpful and has been keeping in contact with me , my internet is being monitored but so far everything is fine, hate to even say this as it will properly start to happen again ,the customer service is ringing me back this afternoon to check to see if everything is ok and to say if the monitoring has brought anything up , but from monitoring everything is now fine and fix and the network issues have been sorted out somehow… all I can do is keep fingers crossed , that it has actually been sorted out for real this time.. thank you for all your information and help though 🙂