cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps disconnecting

Jacquimark
On our wavelength

Had this issue December last year, engineer called and in his words “ tidied up all connections and removed some unnecessary bits”. As of Sunday the problem has returned. Internet drops Wi-Fi signal is still present on device’s, two white arrows appear on virgin tv box. This lasts for approximately 30 seconds before connection is restored and occurs multiple times a day. This also occurs during the early hours of the day when nobody is using the internet. have tried rebooting the hub & factory reset the hub. 

Jacquimark_0-1680079487078.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just a quick question. After the fourth technician visit the Hub 5 has been swapped for a Hub 4, the BQM is 

Jacquimark_0-1682677849997.jpeg

The internet and speeds are fine, But will this cause any problems? 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

33 REPLIES 33

Jacquimark
On our wavelength

Jacquimark_0-1680167014430.jpeg

Hi @Jacquimark 

Welcome back to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear that you're having service issues at this time. I have checked the system at our side and can see that your service is affected by an SNR issue (signal noise ratio) at this time. I have raised this to the team to investigate this further and to get more of an update for you. My apologies for any inconvenience this issue is causing you, the team will be working to have this resolved as soon as possible for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi, thanks for the reply. Hopefully something can be done.

Hi Jacquimark,

Our engineers will be working to get this SNR fault fixed ASAP, apologies again for any inconvenience this may be causing.

Regards

Paul.

Jacquimark_0-1680628029131.jpeg

Has there been any progress with this?

Hi @Jacquimark,

I've taken a look over things and I'm unable to see a known fault being detected currently. How are things for you today? Any better? 

If the issue remains, can you provide a link to a live BQM instead of a screenshot? That way we can see your connection quality in real-time.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Jacquimark
On our wavelength
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/922960e0f36bcda45e80393f38c918d2100cdcb7

hopefully this will work.  

Hi @Jacquimark,

Thank you for that. I've taken a look at the BQM and I can't see anything notable that would suggest a problem currently, nor am I able to detect any faults on our systems at the moment.

If the intermittent disconnection issues are ongoing, please let us know what troubleshooting and diagnostics you've performed and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Jacquimark
On our wavelength

Jacquimark_0-1681134483494.jpegNot sure what you have looked at! The internet is still dropping about 10 times a day. It drops for about 30 seconds before reconnecting. I have tried rebooting the router and a full factory reset. The other person looking in to this said there was a problem but you say there is nothing wrong. How can this be considered acceptable?