cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub3 issues - permanent red light

Joll
Joining in

Having troubles with broadband/wifi hub is showing permanent red light, tried all suggestions for a cure. Getting intermitent cutting off internet access and intermitent noise on audio. Laptop is using hardwired ethernet.

Any ideas ?

Cheers

Peter

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the red LED persists after a pinhole reset, the Hub should be swapped out. This red LED is the overheat warning and should be working correctly. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Joll, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear about this.

Let me send you a DM to get this resolved, in the meanwhile please try these steps;

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.

• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the red LED persists after a pinhole reset, the Hub should be swapped out. This red LED is the overheat warning and should be working correctly. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Mate tried the reset and can confirm hub is well ventilated and not in sunlight, still red and having drop outs

Hi @Joll 

Please do respond to my colleagues PM and an engineer will be booked for you so the hub can be replaced. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Have responded to colleague with all necessary details.

Regards

Peter

Have responded to colleague with all necessary details.

Regards

Peter

Just checking in @Joll - how did the visit go today?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs