cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5x Modem Mode

lancsdw
Tuning in

As a new full-fibre customer, I've recently encountered an issue that I'd like to address. I've realised that I'm unable to utilise my own, expensive, wireless mesh system because the Virgin Media hub provided does not support modem mode. In my opinion, it's vital that these hubs come with the option for modem mode. This limitation has left me feeling quite disappointed, and I'm seriously contemplating cancelling my contract, since I'm still within the cooling-off period.

I've noticed hints from Virgin Media staff about the potential availability of this 'feature' later this year. However, I'm not certain I'm willing to wait unless I receive some form of guarantee or reassurance from the Virgin Media team.

I've also seen several discussions on this topic both on this forum and on social media. Many customers are eagerly waiting for more information on this issue. I kindly request that someone from Virgin Media provide further advice and clarification on this matter. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated by me and many others in a similar situation.

61 REPLIES 61

carl_pearce
Community elder

You might as well cancel if you cannot wait as VM won't provide any ETA on modem mode being enabled on the HUB 5x. It could be weeks, or months.

thanks carl, do you work for VM?

You honestly think a VM employee would say that to a current customer?

No, sigh...🙄 "I kindly request that someone from Virgin Media provide further advice and clarification on this matter." so thanks for your time mate, but I'm not asking you.

Hard to portray sarcasm on here 🤣

carl_pearce
Community elder

I wouldn't hold your breath. Good luck.

@lancsdw wrote:

Hard to portray sarcasm on here 🤣

I find it quite easy to be honest.

Client62
Legend

We have yet to see a MESH that does not support Access Point mode.

However if that is not sufficient, cancel promptly by signed for letter :
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/cancel-virgin-media

lancsdw
Tuning in

Thanks, 'Superstar', for the double NAT suggestion, but I'm actually looking for help with setting the hub to modem-only mode, which is a standard feature in most modem routers.

You both have very impressive forum point collections and you may have some valuable insights, but I'm specifically seeking input from VM team members, as I've mentioned before. Your active participation is super commendable, and while I can't reward you with more internet points, I'm willing to wait patiently during the cooling-off period for the assistance I need.