cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 issues - nothing works, white light

mattb133
Joining in

Hi everyone i upgraded my broadband package from 500mb to 1gb Internet on Thursday, my new hub arrived yesterday wich is a hub 5. I had Internet working fine on the old hub wich was the hub 3, when i plugged in the hub 5 my devices say connected without internet and also no devices connected by ethernet are working either the light on the hub is solid white. Has any one had the same problem ? Tia 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call the equipment activation number they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number.  The  Hub may not have been provisioned.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

fizz
Fibre optic

Have you only just done this today. Bit of a problem with virgin today people, including myself, without Internet despite all looking OK 

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Modem Mode

AMCross
On our wavelength

same here in scotland and the usual VM check says all ok 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call the equipment activation number they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number.  The  Hub may not have been provisioned.

mattb133
Joining in

Quick update everyone they have to send an engineer out on Wednesday, as they suspect the hub 5 they sent me is faulty ! So that will make it 5 days without connection thankyou for all your suggestions 

Hi mattb133,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you have had no connection and that it will be 5 days once the technician arrives today, if you have had a total loss of service our Auto Compensation will kick in once the technicians report has been put in, please let us know how things go.

Regards

Paul.