cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 - slowly pulsing white light / loss of broadband

ScatchyMonkey
Tuning in

Area 30/DL14. Happened a few times now, with the same outcome. Speed and reliability fine, then:

• The telltale sign of WiFi disconnecting from the internet on a device I happen to be using
  • Hub 4's normally steady white band is now pulsating slowly
  • I try to log onto the Hub 4's web server page (via wifi, or wired connection) and it hangs after logon
  • I turn the Hub 4 off and back on again using its switch and connectivity is restored
  • Rinse, repeat after a day or so.

I check VM service status, which tells me there's a TV issue in DL14 9LF. Thanks for your patience while we work to fix things as quick as we can, but not Broadband problems. Running the Network Diagnostic Tool on the Hub 4's web server page, tells me that everything is ok, temperature fine, etc. It is noticeably hot to the touch, though. 🤔

Logs also tell a story: repeated 'SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync' messages. I can't begin to fathom these out, but discovered the helpful answer in this link seems to indicate the problem is possibly not directly caused by my router : 

Below is a section of those logs:

Wed 12/04/2023
19:33:55
6CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 5; Chan ID: 5; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: N/A.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Wed 12/04/2023
19:33:28
3No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Wed 12/04/2023
19:27:47
6CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 5; Chan ID: 5; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: N/A.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Wed 12/04/2023
19:27:44
3SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Wed 12/04/2023
19:27:42
Wed 12/04/2023
19:27:42
3SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Wed 12/04/2023
19:27:29
Wed 12/04/2023
19:27:25
Wed 12/04/2023
19:07:35
6CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 5; Chan ID: 2; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: N/A.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Wed 12/04/2023
19:07:31
Wed 12/04/2023
19:00:39
6CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 5; Chan ID: 1; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: N/A.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Wed 12/04/2023
19:00:38

My uneducated guess is that external equipment problems are causing my router to work harder than normal and possibly causing it to fall over from time to time.

Any assistance welcome.

Thanks,

SM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey - my original problem was due to a kinked white coax cable. Was patiently diagnosed by an engineer on site with his meter. Replaced the cable and all was well again. Hope that helps.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

lotharmat
Community elder
Can you post up the contents of the other Hub Stats tabs?

It may help to diagnose

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ScatchyMonkey,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your broadband service. 

I have taken a look on our side and it does look as though an engineer visit is needed. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin

Thank you Martin - have also responded to your DM with my details.

Hi lothatmat - thank you for the swift reply, but in the meantime it looks like I've got some assistance from Martin_M and hopefully an engineer for next week.
SM

No problemo - Hopefully the engineer visit will solve it!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

I have a similar problem. White pulsing led on hub 4 started last night. Cant log in to the hub 192.168.0.1 times out. Service and speed seems fine? What is going on?

Hey - my original problem was due to a kinked white coax cable. Was patiently diagnosed by an engineer on site with his meter. Replaced the cable and all was well again. Hope that helps.

Thanks for answering. Since I posted my question yesterday, the VM status page shows a TV fault on their network being investigated. Spookily similar to your issue except I didnt have service loss (touching wood). The status page now says the TV fault will be repaired in 4 days! Lucky i dont watch TV. 

Hi Martin do I need one too? as mine has been flashing slow white since 2pm it's now 6pm with no Internet the hub 4 is boiling hot but then its always like that, my checks also say tv problem but I haven't any tv only broadband. I've rebooted the 30 sec pinhole route and 60 sec with no ethernet cables still not working so we sat here with no Internet. Do we get this day of our bill as the broadband is the heart of the home in 2023 many thanks

Regards