cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Wifi fine no ethernet

nawilson298
Tuning in

Hi

yesterday 21/08/24 all ethernet connections stopped working but wifi is fine.  This happened a month or two back and an engineer called and replaced my hub3.  He explained that this issue was probably caused by VM pushing an update.

Today I have pinhole reset the router and ethernet connections were up for about a minute before going down again.

I contacted faults the first person checked a few things but needed to pass me to someone else.  The second person asked me to swap cables to different ports.  I followed this and ethernet worked for about 1min.  I was then told it is a cable issue and replacement would be sent to me.  Its not just 1 ethernet dropping but all of them.  I was sent a cable the last time this happened and this replacement cable is being used to connect my main pc to my hub3 and is not working so not a cable issue just VMs easy answer for this issue

I see this is not an isolated issue and VM must be able to see many people are having this issue but not acting on it.

I just want this resolved once and for all.

Hope you can help thanx

5 REPLIES 5

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

If another hub swap happens and you still have a issue you should check another wired device  

so you are directly connected to the hub by wire yes? 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Could be a cable issue?  Unplug all the cables and reset the Hub.  Just replace the cables one at a time.  At each step see if the ethernet is working? Only then proceed to the next cable and so on.  It may also be a rogue device causing the Hub's switch to fail?  Hopefully working through this methodically will bring some results.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Alessandro Volta

There have only very sporadic reports of Hub 3 network ports failing.

Do the Hub 3 network port LEDs stay out when Ethernet is not working ?

Or are they flashing constantly like there was a network loop ?

Thanks for the reply. Since my 1st post I have pinholes the hub again and connected my main pc via ethernet and all seemed fine for about half hour.  The port led blinks as it should.  I also turned hub off for 1min then back on and ethernet connection is back for the moment. Will wait before connecting other devices.  Will keep you posted tomorrow 

Client62
Alessandro Volta

In spite of what VM may have as guidance on their website the way to perform a full factory reset of the VM Hub is :

Press RESET for 60 Seconds,
then the VM Hub must remain Powered On and given time to revert to the factory settings.