cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High constant packet loss and high latency

AyadMH
Tuning in

Been like this for a few days after we had work in the area to fix an issue.

Cant work remotely as the online meetings/call is extremely laggy and cuts out. I tried factory resetting and did not help.

5 REPLIES 5

AyadMH
Tuning in

AyadMH_1-1709995281004.png

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check whether the "known issue" is still outstanding.

Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

AyadMH
Tuning in

Just checked now, its not showing it as still outstanding.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

OK... a VM person should take a look for you soon.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi Ayadmh,

Thank you for reaching back out, we are sorry to see you are having high latency and packet loss, there is still an area fault, this is an SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) this is noise on the network caused by a damaged or exposed cable, You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

Estimated fix is 12/03/23 @ 09:00, apologies again for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Paul.