cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 4 UI unresponsive

tigre64
Joining in

I’m unable to view any of the uk pages after logging into my Hub 4, I get the login page and once logged in I just get a white page and a browser message advising the page is unresponsive, tried rebooting the hub 4 and tried with several browsers to no avail. Any suggestions, as I can’t access the settings, I can’t use the mobile app either as that just get stuck saying it needs to optimise the router.

71 REPLIES 71

kenners1975
Joining in

Hi there am am having the same issue will not find superhub 4 which I have had for around 3 years now had two WiFi boosters sent out but does not show them in the connect app just keeps saying there is a problem and I also cannot get into the 192.168.0.1 to see anything sometimes let’s put password in then goes blank I have reset three times now even the app has done a full reset twice my WiFi connection is shocking says full bars on devices but get around 6 mb when am on the 1 gig broadband Ethernet cable works fine I am certain something is wrong with the hub it is currently being monitored for 24 hrs you pay all this money and nobody seems to care I work from home need my internet and am struggling it’s a joke why can somebody either not com out and sort everything or send me a new hub to try it’s ridiculous to be honest how can it work through cable but hardly anything through WiFi app will not find hub cannot log into hub I’m getting ready to throw out of window sick of resetting it and still the same Arghhhhhhhh

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

You won't like what I'm gonna say but ...

Seeing that the Connect app is a piece of trash (well documented in this forum), you could take the advice to dump it (and those tied-in otherwise useless pods).  Working from home is a key activity and really it merits putting the hub into modem mode, attaching your own router and mesh APs.

I guarantee you, VM will not solve this via any tech visit.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

2040damian
Tuning in

So I'm reviving this thread as it's still a super common issue in Google Search. 

Here's what I have experienced myself and what I have found to be the cause of the issues:

It seems that when entering the VM Connect app you're being forced to optimise your network by enabling their new 2.4GHz & 5GHz combinwed SSID tech. However, by doing this it seems to royally mess up the entire system. The common symptoms are as follows:

• Blank Router UI
  • Consistently dropping Wi-Fi every few minutes
  • All ethernet connected devices remain functional
  • VM Connect app gives unable to find hub errror

It seems that once this occurs, no amount of facotry resets will resolve the UI issue (though you may get lucky), and if you do factory reset then the VM Connect app will continue to remian faulty. I have  areplacement Hub 4 coming for myself this week, however I am dissapointed that it's not the Hub 5 seeing as I'm on like the maximum internet package with the highest TV package (If anyone at Virgin feels like resolving this and sending me a hub 5 instead feel free). 

I'll update the thread once I install the new hub 4 and try to go through the rigmaroll again.

I apprciate there's no solution here, but if other people can confirm they had similar issues then perhaps VM will FINALLY be able to resolve this?

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

But you are dumping the Connect app? Right?  This needs to be nailed. 

Martinkevill
Tuning in

Who at VM do I have to speak to about this? I am having exactly the same issue with the Hub 4. I’ll be honest this might be the straw that breaks the camel’s back with VM. 

@Martinkevill wrote:

Who at VM do I have to speak to about this? I am having exactly the same issue with the Hub 4. I’ll be honest this might be the straw that breaks the camel’s back with VM. 

Is your issue in conjunction with the Connect App?  In other words, if you stop the Connect App, reboot the hub via power off/on, then can you get to the UI?

You'll get no joy trying to talk to VM as this issue has raged for months and nothing done about it.  If someone confirms that the Connect app is at the bottom of all this then it's partially in people's own hands while the press (ISP Review, The Register) can get stuck into the issue.

So what exactly did you do to get it to work ? 

GRMat158
Tuning in

I can't add anything in the way of a fix, but I can confirm that I am experiencing the same problem.  The symptoms are as described by 2040Damian above.

Tried using VM Connect to check the wifi coverage, now cannot access the router page - lets me log in, but goes no further.  I long ago gave up hope of anyone in VM customer services being able to 'fix' even the simplest thing - although the engineers I have met seem to know their stuff!
As this has been raised by so many I am loathe to do anything other than wait for a fix - although it seems that not using VM Connect would be a wise thing to do.

If there are any support staff reading this thread it would be really helpful to get this raised as an extremely urgent fix needed as it does seem to be affecting so many people, and without access to the admin menu the hub is on the verge of being useless.  I guess as long as it keeps working all is OK, but there is no way of tweaking the parameters or changing the wifi password or anything else.

I am on the 1gig package paying good money for this service (or lack of it) - still it is only what I have come to expect from VM

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

... all a very good reason to be in modem mode with your own router if Internet is important to you.  VM crafted solutions like the Connect app are doomed and in any case, the Connect app modifies settings on the Hub which totally screws your control. A dose of realism is better than the vain hope of resolution.

Incidentally, the different hubs are made by different manufacturers and thus their firmware differs at the edges (and where different chips are used, at the kernel).  That wretched Connect app has to correctly deal with these different, and imperfect, I suggest, interfaces.

Modem mode, guv.

Thank you for posting some advice sephiroth.

If anyone still needs some help please do let us know. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?