cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GIG1 hub 5 not getting nearly as much Mbps as promised

Geoz123
Joining in

So I recently swapped to GIG1 and was sent a hub 5 on Tuesday. After setting it up I did a samknows speed test and saw that the router was only receiving anywhere from 30-40 Mbps.

After calling virgin media they said to give it time to kick in but it is now just about to turn Friday and there is no improvement at all. 

So I was curious if anyone had any info on this  

Geoz123_0-1716496940510.png

7 REPLIES 7

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

Try a 60 second pinhole reset of the hub with no ethernet connection. Failing that call it in again. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Okay so this might come across as a dumb question but like where did they put the pinhole reset on the hub 5 cause like on my old hub I can clearly see it but on the hub 5 its no where to be found

93981i19BB5F1F5AF58FC4.png

Nvm I found it as its now on the bottom of the hub

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, they must have thought to put it in a really odd awkward spot .......   😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Geoz123
Joining in

Well after doing the reset nothing has changed so hopefully when ever I next get into contact with virgin they will have more answers. 

Client62
Alessandro Volta

The 28.4 Mb/s Downstream to the Hub is a service problem in the VM Network serving your street.

If you look in the Downstream status tab there may be a clue of the nature of the fault.

Call automated number 0800 561 0061 to see if this is a known issue for your street.

Hi Geoz123,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your broadband speed. 

We can certainly take a look into this for you. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin