cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP checker showing no availability but nearest pole has CBT and houses close by are available.

Lebz
Joining in

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. Avonline have recently been completing an FTTP build in the area. I live above a pub that's fed by 2 poles. One doesn't have a FTTP CBT but the other does. My address is showing as no availability for FTTP but some neighboring buildings do. I've attached  a couple of pics of the pole in question. Is there a department that can do a survey or something that will be able to add my property onto the available list? Thanks.

1000015073.jpg

1000015074.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Lebz Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I will assist you on this and see what we can do for you.
I will send a private message to further assist.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @Lebz on the VM forums. 👋🏼

I'm glad I have been able to assist and get this install referral form completed.
I have filled out the form and have sent it off to the team, they will take up to 10 working days to get in touch.

If you have any other queries, feel free to reach out to us and we'll assist where we can.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ilyas_Y 

me have exactly the same problem in our street. I have around 10-20 neighbours who are all looking to order FTTP but there are 2 pole that these homes connect to that have have the correct equipment on the poles to support it however Openreach claim there is no fibre installation on the poles and neighbours just next doors are have already installed FTTP to their homes. The issue we have is no engineer will come and visit to agree that CBTs are in the piles already as pictured.

Is there anything VM can do to help similar to the users issues above? Perhaps this is a good opportunity for multiple homes to order FTTP connections through you.

one of these pole has Fibre in the pole which is their garden but Openreach won’t allow any FTTP order to the address because their records are wrong as you can clearly see there is fibre in the pipe in their garden 🤦‍♂️

IMG_8242.jpeg

IMG_8344.jpeg

IMG_8343.jpeg

Many Thanks for any help possible

Chris