cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect app can’t find hub, unable to order free pods

emcdubb
On our wavelength

IMG_5620.png

Since getting the Hub 5 installed a couple of days ago, my Connect app can’t find my hub even though I’m connected to it and it is working. 

I have a couple dead spots upstairs and also at the back of the house but I’m unable to confirm these with the app as it can’t even find the hub, so I don’t get the option to request pods/boosters. This is very frustrating as I’ve been having issues with my tv package not being activated yet either (this is being dealt with separately) but I feel like I’ve had nothing but problems since the whole set up has been installed.

there must be an easier way of requesting these pods surely, I’m on an ultimate volt bundle which entitles me to 3 free pods, however this benefit is useless without any way of actually requesting them!

can someone please contact me with regards to sending my free pods?

I have attached a screenshot showing the error I receive in the connect app. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, I have rebooted the hub, this is the 3rd day now and it still cannot connect. The app is on iOS but have also downloaded on an android phone and it’s having the same issue.

I have screen recorded the issue but unable to post a video here so I have posted it here: https://imgur.com/a/ikGYESi

so that you can see the results I get every time I try to connect.

many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @emcdubb 

I'm sorry but the Connect app does sometimes have issues connecting, but you may be able to order your first wifi pod online as per /virginmedia.com/wifi-max 

"You can also check your broadband service for issues online, which we can help fix. If we find there are no faults with your broadband service, and you’re still experiencing slow speeds, you’ll be able to order a WiFi Pod online."

Have you used the /check-services/i  function? It can also run a test on your equipment, and may give the option to order your first wifi pod.

You can also call 0800 064 3850 to order the first one - or wait here for a member of the Forum Team to respond in a day or two and they will help order the first one for you.(The forum staff also work on the social media platforms)

The community forums aren't a fast track line to VM Staff, since it's community based most queries are answered first by other customers, and are then picked up by forum staff within a couple of days if necessary.

The wifi max offers up to three wifi pods. The second  and third pods (if required) need to be ordered separately, and you need to wait 7 days in between ordering  each pod.

As per the first above link, If you’re not getting download speeds of at least 20Mbps in every room with one WiFi Pod, you can request a second or third by signing in to /my-virgin-mediaand clicking on Your Package and following the steps in the WiFi Max tab.

Regarding your other posts in the 360 forum and the provisioning of your 360 set top boxes, there is usually an onscreen error message such as CS1011 which is an account retreival error because the box hasn't been fully set up on VM's systems yet, or possibly because the box hasn't been activated. Generally  the first thing to do if it hasn't been done already is to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box(es) -  which requires the caller to have the serial numbers of the boxes, and their account and area number ready to be given to the agent.

If that's unsuccessful it will need to be passed to 2nd/3rd level support to update the systems manually which may take 48/72 hours, (the phone agents that you spoke to should have/may have tried this) and if that fails it generally requires the box(es) to be swapped out for new boxes which entails a tech visit. Once swapped over the tech calls 'home' to activate the boxes and update the systems

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @emcdubb 

I'm sorry but the Connect app does sometimes have issues connecting, but you may be able to order your first wifi pod online as per /virginmedia.com/wifi-max 

"You can also check your broadband service for issues online, which we can help fix. If we find there are no faults with your broadband service, and you’re still experiencing slow speeds, you’ll be able to order a WiFi Pod online."

Have you used the /check-services/i  function? It can also run a test on your equipment, and may give the option to order your first wifi pod.

You can also call 0800 064 3850 to order the first one - or wait here for a member of the Forum Team to respond in a day or two and they will help order the first one for you.(The forum staff also work on the social media platforms)

The community forums aren't a fast track line to VM Staff, since it's community based most queries are answered first by other customers, and are then picked up by forum staff within a couple of days if necessary.

The wifi max offers up to three wifi pods. The second  and third pods (if required) need to be ordered separately, and you need to wait 7 days in between ordering  each pod.

As per the first above link, If you’re not getting download speeds of at least 20Mbps in every room with one WiFi Pod, you can request a second or third by signing in to /my-virgin-mediaand clicking on Your Package and following the steps in the WiFi Max tab.

Regarding your other posts in the 360 forum and the provisioning of your 360 set top boxes, there is usually an onscreen error message such as CS1011 which is an account retreival error because the box hasn't been fully set up on VM's systems yet, or possibly because the box hasn't been activated. Generally  the first thing to do if it hasn't been done already is to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box(es) -  which requires the caller to have the serial numbers of the boxes, and their account and area number ready to be given to the agent.

If that's unsuccessful it will need to be passed to 2nd/3rd level support to update the systems manually which may take 48/72 hours, (the phone agents that you spoke to should have/may have tried this) and if that fails it generally requires the box(es) to be swapped out for new boxes which entails a tech visit. Once swapped over the tech calls 'home' to activate the boxes and update the systems

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

emcdubb
On our wavelength

Hi, thanks so much for replying! 
So, my connect app worked perfectly until the engineer replaced my hub 3 with the hub 5, and now it’s not even a temperamental/intermittent issue, it has never picked up that hub at all.

The TV issue does not show any error codes whatsoever, and on all of the numerous calls I’ve made regarding this every advisor has said that my package has been activated and channels are all working, a few of them have re-sent the signal to the boxes which hasn’t made a blind bit of difference but mostly they just can’t grasp the fact that the channels simply do not work at all, they just keep telling me that it’s active and they should be working. The engineer said the same thing and ended up giving up and booked another appointment for Thursday because he had no idea how to fix it. 
all other functions on the boxes are fine, i can select “watch from start” and it will let me stream shows and I can access apps, but when I go to the tv guide and select a channel and choose “watch live” it goes to that channel but nothing is coming through at all, just completely blank.
i have uploaded a short video as it’s easier to show rather than explain it ha so this is the link: https://imgur.com/a/sf1Fi38

but I guess since there’s no error codes or anything, no one seems to know what to do with it, and the fact that I can’t even access channels on the tv Go app either (it says I need to upgrade to a tv package to watch any channels!?) tells me there’s something wrong somewhere on my account rather than the equipment itself.

I really appreciate your reply and all the info you’ve provided, I will follow the steps you’ve mentioned to see about getting the Wi-Fi pod, and at least that may be one issue I can cross off the list!

many thanks again!

Emma 

Hi I'm having the exact same issue. Were you able to fix the connect app? 

emcdubb
On our wavelength

Hi! Sadly no resolution as yet I’m afraid, very frustrating.
Having had a dig through the forums I’ve actually found quite a few people having the same issue and they all seem to be with the Hub5, is that what hub you have too?

If I do manage to get any results I will definitely reply back to you again with an update!

Emma

emcdubb
On our wavelength

hey just wanted to update you to say I managed to get a pod ordered! Still can’t get the connect app to work, so I called 0800 953 9500 and chose the following options:

obviously first one is “calling about your Virgin media services” and from the main menu that it takes you to from there, don’t go for faults straight away, choose the one that says:

“to activate your new equipment or for questions about installations or set up”

and then:

”if there’s a fault with your new installation..”

and when I got through I explained the app can’t find the hub and I need a pod and they just ordered it straight away and said it should be delivered within 72 hours! 🙂

Give it a try and let me know how you get on! At least that’s ONE issue sorted ha 

good luck!

The app can take a few days to locate the hub, would've thought that simply connecting to it wirelessly and having an active internet connection would suffice, but no. I had the same issue, going from a Hub 3 (which had no issues) to a 5, managed to actually connect to it once about 3 or 4 days after switching on the Hub 5 for the first time.

As for the pod order, go to the website and track your order and deffo make sure there is an Live order in place. I've been told twice now that I have a pod on it's way. One of the admins on here checked and the Customer Services had blatently been on Facebook or something during the call, as no order existed

Oh this is good to know, thank you so much!

Also, you should get an email or possibly a text from Yodel to say they have your package

Hi @emcdubb,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you've been having some trouble with your Connect App following a Hub change and with ordering a Wi-Fi Pod, but I'm glad to hear the latter has since been sorted.

When were you provided with the Hub 5? As has been mentioned earlier in this thread, it can take a few days for the systems to pick up the changeover and reflect that in the app.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!