cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect App and Wifi Pods not connecting

SteveTu
On our wavelength

Recently received a Hub 5. I can’t get the connect app to find the router, and also wifi pods won’t connect. The hub works and I have internet and wifi.

Performed all usual troubleshooting:

Hub: rebooted and also performed full reset.

Connect App: tried uninstalling/reinstalling app. Fresh sign in. No VPNs connected etc. even tried a different phone altogether.

Wifi Pods: tried nearer and further away from hub. Powered off and on. Left on for days. Made sure of no interference (never used the pods before, so do I need to register it somewhere? Instructions say just plug in and turn on, how does it know which router to connect to)?

I called VM support and they have just said they will log a ticket to the technical team… very helpful…

Anyone experienced the same? Any advice would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

When new VM Hub is delivered and activated it takes time (days to weeks) for the VM back office systems to update and to work again with the VM connect app.  For now manage the Hub 5 at http://192.168.0.1/

Existing VM Pods for the previous Hub may need to be replaced or re-configured to work with a replacement Hub.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

27 REPLIES 27

Client62
Legend

When new VM Hub is delivered and activated it takes time (days to weeks) for the VM back office systems to update and to work again with the VM connect app.  For now manage the Hub 5 at http://192.168.0.1/

Existing VM Pods for the previous Hub may need to be replaced or re-configured to work with a replacement Hub.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SteveTu 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear of your concerns with the pods and connect app. As advised by our helpful community member, it can take some time for the connect app and pods to recognise the new equipment on the account. 

I can see on the systems at our side that the team are supporting with the WiFi pods further. Please do let us know if you're having any further issues with the WiFi pods as these should be re-provisioned at our side by now after receiving and activating your new router. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

SteveTu
On our wavelength

Hi. Thanks all.

A new wifi extender Pod has arrived today as virgin advised my last was faulty, but even this one won’t connect and just flashes white led.

Also I still can’t use the connect app yet.

Any help would be much appreciated. I’ve been on the phone to virgin about 5 times this week (Not just about this but mobile issues too)! 

SteveTu
On our wavelength

Apologies, correction, the new wifi pod works if it’s plugged in three yards away from the router in the same room...

If I move it into the kitchen, just 12 steps away from the router and through an internal wall, it doesn’t connect at all! Yet, where I am trying to connect it I get good wifi signal to the base router from my phone (700mbps download and 60mbps upload)! 
What next?

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @SteveTu 

Thanks for your response and sorry to hear about the issue with your WiFi pods

Can you try a pinhole reset of the hub and connecting the boosters from scratch and see if you notice any improvements please?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

SteveTu
On our wavelength

Hi. My connect app still won’t connect to my broadband router.

Virgin are requesting I send my old kit back but reluctant to do so until this is working properly for me.

I need to be able to manage profiles for my kids etc and at the moment can’t.

Can anyone help with this please it’s been over three weeks now. Calling Virgin gets me no where!

SteveTu
On our wavelength

Update on extender is working now. It took two weeks, but finally it’s working. Now I just need my connect app to work!

Thanks for coming back to us @SteveTu.

Can you please confirm if any progress has been made with the Connect App?

If the application is still not connecting to the Hub 5, can you possibly try downloading the application on an alternative device, to see if the same results occurs, or if you're able to make progress?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

SteveTu
On our wavelength

Still no progress. Tried on multiple devices. iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 and iPhone XS all to no avail. The iPhone 12 and XS both never had the app installed before.

All devices updated to latest iOS versions, location services set to on - while using the app. Tried with use exact location both on and off to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated I currently can’t manage my kids security on the router and this is important for us.