cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t order WiFi pod

ShaunHawk
Joining in

Have used the connect app to homescan all rooms and most of them say my WiFi is poor, but doesn’t let me order a WiFi pod. The app says I can order them online but been going round and round in circles. I have Volt and spend over £100 a month and WiFi upstairs is useless, please help!

7 REPLIES 7

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ShaunHawk thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear your WiFi connection is not reaching all the rooms in your property. And sorry to hear that the connect app has not allowed you to order a pod. I would like to help you resolve this. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

bigguy283
Up to speed

hi there!   can you please help me to get a pod  on my 1gb broadband?  my wifi is terrible upstairs in bedrooms!
thanks

Hi @bigguy283 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that you're having WiFi issues in some rooms of the home. 

Have you been able to run a test on the connect app to see what speeds you're getting upstairs? 

If not, you can also run a test on our Sam Knows speed test here which will show you the speeds at the router and the speed at the device. Ensure you're connected to your home network and have no VPN enabled so the test can run. 

Post a screenshot of your results and we can go from there if still needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

hi and thanks for reply!
using my samsung galaxy s9 ,  SAMKNOWS ROUTER it shows Vergin medis hub 5 DOWNLOAD Mbps 1144 , DEVICE mobile DOWNLOAD Mbps 28

and i did tests multiple times sometimes a little higher sometimes a little lower, but very hit and miss and my mobile  wifi shows only 1 bar connection , but when i gp downstairs i get full bars on my mobile !!

also  on my pc which is hardwired i get good speeds as expected, its just my house has thick walls and i think a pod in the upstairs hall way will boost the wifi, and i will get more stable connection throughout the house

Hi again Carley,  please can you help me get my wifi pod?
As i have explained my wifi upstairs is very weak, sometimes 2 bars BUT mostly 1 bar , so keeps droping!
surely a wifi POD in the upstairs hallway will help resolve this issue , and in my contract it says i'm allowed up to 3 FREE pods on my ,Volt Gig1 Broadband, it says • Up to three WiFi Pods at no extra cost if you find any pesky WiFi blackspots in your home.
please can you help me?
many thanks

bigguy283
Up to speed

got help from sabrina who sorted my problem!  many thanks sabrina