cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband working but smart devices don't work

Jmwhooper
Joining in

Hub 5 in modem mode with Deco wireless mesh. Many devices connect and work via wired and wireless with Internet access. But in recent days a number of devices have stopped working intermittently. My Amazon Alexa devices and a smart home lighting hub from LightwaveRF won't work.

I've reset the hub and decos many times, I've tried the hub back in normal router mode without the decos and it still won't work.

Could a local issue with Virgin BB cause some devices to work and others not?

I'm stumped otherwise.

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you reset everything - did you reconnect using the "correct sequence"?  Try again as per...

To correctly set it up see Tudor’s message 2 in here….
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Hub3-in-Modem-mode/td-p/5206738

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Here the thing if wired is fine on the Deco then wifi is your problem VM shouldn't be able to know anything connected by wifi because it be by ethernet from the Deco to the hub in theory.

I suggest getting a router with 1Gb ports and see if that has a problem or maybe its a routing issue or DNS.     

---------------------------------------------------------------