cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband problems

GordM1
Tuning in

Hi .... having some problems hope you can advise, I spoke to vm via chat a few days ago and also sent the attachment to show some test results, I was then sent out a pod which would solve my problems, sadly this did not happen and the pod wouldn't connect, started another chat this morning and also sent the attached results of my tests, was told to remove the pod from the wall socket and wait 20mins then plug it back in and it should connect and I should be ok, did this after approx 2 hrs as had to leave the house for a while and the pod still does not connect, looking at the test results I think there is more of a problem that a pod could help, can anyone share there thoughts on what might be the problem? speed tests seem ok 

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 14.16.50.pngScreenshot 2023-11-29 at 13.35.22.png

42 REPLIES 42

Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 12.57.14.png

Hi GordM1,

Sorry to hear you've still been having some connection issues. 

How have things been since your post? Checking things from our side everything looks to be within the specifications we would expect.

Do you have a live link to  your BQM?

Alex_Rm

How do I add a live BQM?

My BQM 

Hello GordM1

Thanks for the BQM. 

I did run a check on both pod and hub and the network and its all looking good from here. 

I did notice that the hub hasn't been rebooted for a while. 

Would you be able to reboot this please then try another BQM for 24 hours.

Gareth_L

GordM1
Tuning in

The hub has been rebooted a few times, I will do another reboot and BQM for 24 hrs, the problems are mainly seen when I am playing a game normal browsing I can't really tell if anything is wrong, I have tried on my iMac and also on a gaming laptop and both are reacting the same.

GordM1
Tuning in

Just did an experiment while my hub was rebooting, used my iPhone as a hotspot and the loading and running of my game was like lightening quick as it used to be using my broadband.

Good evening @GordM1 

Thanks for coming back to the thread and uploading the BQM. 

That looks fine, there's no issues showing or area outages and further checks show everything good as well.

Is this only when gaming? It could potentially be a server issue if so.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

If a server issue why would it work ok when I use my mobile as a hotspot?