cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband keeps dropping - book an engineer

JAK1974
Joining in

My broadband signal keeps dropping out for about 30 seconds every few minutes. It is making it impossible to work. When I run a diagnostic test on their router it frequently says I need to do a factory reset, which I have done, but the faults keep recurring. I want to book an engineer to investigate but cannot find a way to book one either online or by phone. Can someone please help? This is terrible service. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello JAK1974

We're sorry to hear of the broadband connection issues experienced, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

From looking at the connection and equipment, there looks to be some issues with the power levels of your downstreams and this may be what's causing the drop outs. We aren't able to fix this remotely and a visit will be required by a technician.

I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello JAK1974

We're sorry to hear of the broadband connection issues experienced, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

From looking at the connection and equipment, there looks to be some issues with the power levels of your downstreams and this may be what's causing the drop outs. We aren't able to fix this remotely and a visit will be required by a technician.

I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob

JAK1974
Joining in

Thanks Rob. Glad we were able to book an engineer and get the issue resolved.