cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband issues

Jamboy79
Joining in

Soo frustrated. 

Where to start....I rang and agreed to a Volt mega bundle 2 weeks ago. On closer inspection I realised I had 2 contracts, 1 with Virgin for TV & Broadband and 1 with o2. The sim arrived the next day (even though I didn't need or want this). I was told by the agent when agreeing to the package that I'll have 14 days cooling off period from installation date (yesterday). However 2 days ago (prior to my installation date), I looked through the O2 contract and realised that I can't wait for my installation of T&B to make an informed decision, as I would then be out of my O2 cooling off period. Not wanting to be trapped in a o2 contract, I cancelled this with O2 the day before installation, and therefore losing my Volt benefits. 

Well the install went ok, however when checking internet speeds around me house today, I get great speed in the room with my router and the next room, but thats it. It doesn't extend to my extension at the other side of the house and also I get zero coverage in my garden office. Now, I'm aware that I would've potentially been eligible to wifi boosters under the Volt benefits, but I've felt I had no option but to cancel the O2 contract as referenced. 

Been with Sky for 16yrs, and whilst the internet speeds averaged around 30MG, I got coverage everywhere. Now I have great speed in part of my house and nowhere else. Well, I wished I'd listened to friends who told me not to go with Virgin, as I've tried unsuccessfully to speak with customer services all morning and can't get to speak with anyone. 

I'm very close to cancelling the lot, as this just isn't worth the hassle. 

Please help

1 REPLY 1

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unless a VM person can help on here, as you are not a Volt customer CS will insist you must pay £8/month for Pods.  If thats the case dont do it - if you dont cancel then the "Wifi issue" is easily fixable by getting your own better quality equipment. 

If you do want to invest in better equipment, you would need to get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point(s), (4) a pair of good quality Wifi Powerline Adaptors, or a combination of (2&3).

£40-100 (that’s ~3->12 months of Pod rental) should sort it for most customers with an average property and usage. Spend more for additional advanced“features” - if required.  We can advise on here what to go for in your situation

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.