cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5ghz network has disappeared

rikimuk
On our wavelength

My 5ghz connection appears to have disappeared. If I log into the hub it still shows the two channels but no option on any of my devices. I have tried resetting the hub but it’s made no difference?

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What Hub model is it?  Try the reset again this way if you didnt....

Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Client62
Legend

Wi-Fi devices generally do not have options to connect to 2.4 or 5GHz Wi-Fi ... they just connect to the SSID.

To make it possible to choose as band, in the VM Hub change the name of 5GHz band E.g. to VM123456_5

rikimuk
On our wavelength

It’s a hub 3.0

rikimuk
On our wavelength

I have a split band and on the hub it shows both but I can no longer see the 5ghz on any devices as an option when I did before 

Client62
Legend

With split bands it should be very obvious suggesting a faulty Hub.

Hey rikimuk, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear this.

I can see you've spoke to the team since this post, did they manage to help at all?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible. NOTE this will remove any custom settings you may have set in the Hub, and they will all have to be setup again.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks