cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5Ghz connection dropping several times a day

Thommo14
Dialled in

My Hub 3 has 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wireless enabled. My devices using 5Ghz are dropping connection several times a day.

This might be understandable when the mobile devices are downstairs, seeing as the router is upstairs, but it's happening when the devices are near the router.

My only wired connection to the hub is my PC, and that connection is solid, as are devices connected to 2.4Ghz.

I've looked at several posts about a similar issue and pods/extenders/routers have been suggested. Just wondering if there might be any other solutions that don't involve being out of pocket.

Cheers.

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Legend

Wi-Fi channel hopping of the VM Hub cause dropped connections for us & if it is VM Pods are to be avoided.

In the VM Hub menu, set Wireless Channel Optimization aka Smart Wi-Fi  to  DISABLED

Set the 5GHz to a fixed Channel try 36 or 44

Set the 2.4GHz to a fixed Channel use either 1 or 6 or 11

Thommo14
Dialled in

Thanks for the suggestions.

I should've pointed out I have Disable Channel Optimization disabled. Currently 5Ghz is on Channel 44 and 2.4Ghz is on 6.

I haven't tried switching channels on the 5Ghz, so will give that a go.

Pretty much hopeless trying to change channel number as it keeps reverting back to 44 after trying to change it.

Hi @Thommo14 

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill