cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.4Ghz not working on hub 4

Ross_E_Boy
Tuning in

My hub 4 has no 2.4Ghz working. I've had this hub for a year now and it is only when trying to connect devices that only use 2.4Ghz I have realised it's not working. I am to believe it's a faulty hub as the router manager says 2.4Ghz is broadcasting when its obvious it isn't. I've done all the usual trouble shooting. Even a full factory reset to see if that has helped and this has caused 2.4Ghz to now transmit for maybe 5 to 10 minutes after a reset then disappears again.

5Ghz seems to work fine.

Any help would be appreciated 

28 REPLIES 28

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jessmlp,

Thanks for coming back to us. I've taken a look at our systems and it's currently showing that your Hub has not been rebooted in over 6 days.

Please complete a pin-hole reset on your Hub to see if this can help rectify your issue. If it does not, we'll be more than happy to look into this further for you.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina. 

thanks for your message 

Yes, last Monday (7 days ago) I spent a few hours trying to solve the issue, including multiple pin hole resets, which I expect you will be able to see on your system. This did not solve the issue and in fact caused me a lot of problems then trying to connect all my other devices to the internet again. Following these attempts, I came on this forum to ask for help as the pinhole reset did not solve the issue. 

I am reluctant to do another pin hole reset as it caused more issues last time and did not solve the issue of not being able to connect to the 2.4ghz band

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jessmlp 

Thanks for your response

I do suggest giving the pinhole reset a try as this will reset everything back down to factory settings and should allow 2.4ghz connections once set back up. Let us know once you've tried this and we'll investigate further after this

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello, I have tried this a couple of times and we still can't connect to the 2.4Ghz connection. Please can you investigate?

Best wishes

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing the 2.4ghz issues, from checking both channels are active on the Hub although no devices are connected (probably due to the issues)  

I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob

Clairejo80
Joining in

Virgin, Please Help me!!!!

Like the OP my 5ghz is spot on but doesn't help me in this case

I have just spent nearly 3 days trying to split and get my 2.4ghz working to connect my new alarm and doorbell system. I have split the 2.4 & the 5, I have renamed them, I have had channel optimization both on & off. I have even invested in an extender but won't work with either wifi or ethernet (this one tells me I may have broken router). I have done full resets on the hub, I have powered on, powered off and am reaching the end on my rope with it.

What can I do next? Is it a case of Virgin aren't supplying what I am paying for? Or is it actually faulty equipment? After 4 hours of trying again today, I am getting desperate to know it all hasn't been a waste of money. Why doesn't it split? 

On the odd occasion it does show in my networks list, I get the message that internet is not available. Now I need you to look at the equipment and fix if necessary please

For something that should be so simple, I am so close to throwing the router out of the window.

Thanks Claire

Hi @Clairejo80 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problems you've been having and that you feel this way 😔

How have things been since you posted? 

Also, have you tried running checks on the Virgin Media Connect app to see if that is providing any useful advice? You can access the app by clicking here

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience and we'll do our very best to help.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Claire, I had the same experience of trying to split the bands myself after reading the support advice here. I eventually got someone from Virgin to come and look at the router and it turned out to be a faulty router, so definitely pursue an engineer visit. Our issue is now resolved but only after getting a new router - I can report that our 2.4ghz devices are connecting fine now! 
good luck 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update on your matter jessmlp,

Do pop back up at all if you do require further assistance!

Regards,

Kain