cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.4Ghz not working on hub 4

Ross_E_Boy
Tuning in

My hub 4 has no 2.4Ghz working. I've had this hub for a year now and it is only when trying to connect devices that only use 2.4Ghz I have realised it's not working. I am to believe it's a faulty hub as the router manager says 2.4Ghz is broadcasting when its obvious it isn't. I've done all the usual trouble shooting. Even a full factory reset to see if that has helped and this has caused 2.4Ghz to now transmit for maybe 5 to 10 minutes after a reset then disappears again.

5Ghz seems to work fine.

Any help would be appreciated 

28 REPLIES 28

Thanks for confirming Ross_E_Boy,

I've had a closer look at things from our side, and a few of the hubs levels are out of specification so I'd like to arrange an engineer visit.

Before I can do this I'll need to confirm a few details with you, I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Thanks for sending your details over via private message 🙂

I've arranged the technician visit, you can view the time and date of your appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm

Thank you for arranging an engineer visit, I can't locate where on the online account when the appointment has been arranged for. Would it be possible to tell me through this thread please. 

Many thanks

Hi @Ross_E_Boy thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry you've been unable to locate the appointment.  It would usually show in your online account on left hand side under 'orders and appointments'.  As it's not showing there, I am going to send you a private message, so we can confirm the appointment to you.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ross_E_Boy, thanks for getting back to me privately.  

This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

jessmlp
Joining in

I am having this exact same issue with my Hub4 - the router settings say that 2.4 Ghz is switched on and working, but none of my 2.4Ghz only devices can connect, and I can't locate the 2.4Ghz connection. Virgin, please help!

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and welcome back @jessmlp!

Sorry to hear you're unable to locate and connect to the 2.4Ghz band.

Can you please confirm if you have split the bands on your hub?

If this is the case, it may be worth performing a reset on the hub to see if the devices can connect to the Wi-Fi services in areas of the property that would traditionally run on the 2.4GHz service.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

Hi there, thanks for responding.

I tried splitting the bands based on advice I read on these forums but nothing seemed to work and it messed up the connection with other devices.

I don't know what you mean by areas of the property traditionally running on 2.4Ghz, as I have 2 devices that can only connect to 2.4Ghz (Kindle and Yoto audio player), and I don't want to be restricted to using these in only parts of my flat. These devices cannot locate the 2.4Ghz band or the 5Ghz band at present.

Thanks for coming back to us jessmlp, please could you try a pin hole reset of your hub and let me know if that improves anything at all. I'm hoping that this will refresh your hub and allow devices to connect to both frequencies. 

If not, we can get this looked into further with a technician visit.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi there, I have already tried the pinhole reset and still it does not work