cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

192.168.0.1 not working Hub 4.

danbwest
Tuning in

Having just been aent through a Hub 4 as an upgrade to my previous Hub 3, I cannot access the Hub security settings via the 192.168.0.1 credentials written on the Hub itself.

I have reset the Huh, and even carried out a pinhole reset, however have had no luck at gaining access to the Hub settings.

My wife itselfs works no problem, but I am unable to gain access the hub security settings to ammend. Please can somone advise accordingly.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Alessandro Volta

I'm not sure if this is case of Hub password being rejected,
or
the more common Hub 4 menu has failed due to corruption by the VM Connect app
other symptoms are Connect app can't find the Hub 4 and VM Pods are offline.

Regardless :

+ Uninstall the VM Connect app from all devices in your home
+ Press RESET on the Hub 4 for 60 seconds, then leave the Hub 4 powered on to revert to the shipping condition.
+ Try the Hub 4 menu again.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If this is a Hub 4 returned by a previous customer, it could be in any condition. Particularly if VM have 'tested' it using their Connect app. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey danbwest,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your  new hub 4. Have you been able to resolve the issues with the suggestions from Client62 or do you still need further assistance to get this resolved? If so, we can help further from here.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L