cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change login password

alibowl
Tuning in

Hi,

Like a lot of posts on here I have hit the 'password requirements not met' bug on the virgin media website when trying to change my password.

I have run through all of the suggestions on here and no matter what it won't let me change my password.

Can someone from Virgin contact me to rectify this please.

15 REPLIES 15

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @alibowl 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with changing your password on your online account. 

Can you confirm, is this for a media account (TV, Broadband, landline) or a mobile account please? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley_S,

This is for a media account.

Thanks

Relyx
Joining in

Have had this exact same issue with my media account. For me it just constantly says the password contains my username, no matter what I put in. Seems to be really common, so you'd hope it would be a priority fix for the technical team...

Thanks for confirming this @alibowl 

How are you looking to make these changes, are they through the forgotten password link or through your online account? 

Does the same issues occur on the app and website? 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi,

Through the forgotten password link. I currently can't login to my online account at all.

Please can you try clearing your cache/cookies and forget the password in on browser/device settings

When you type in your new password, it must not resemble your new password or contain any simply words or words link to your other sensitive information. 

The new password must also follow all the below criteria;

•  Be between 8-64 characters.
•  Must start with a letter.
•  Contain at least one uppercase and one lowercase letter.

•  Contain at least one number.

•  Special characters are allowed but not required (e.g. ! # % & @).
•  Cannot contain easy to guess words, usernames, or previously used passwords.

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi Carley_S,

I've done all this already, it has no effect.

If you could try again and also try to see if you get the same error on another device?

We are aware of a known issue with Password changes at this time but not with the error message you have mentioned, so we'll need to investigate this as a possible new issue. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

nsturner
Settling in

Hello, I am having the same issue. This is for a Broadband account. Every time I follow the password reset link and enter a new password, I get the "password requirements not met" "Not contain your username" messages. I have tried many different passwords, all of which meet the stated requirements. Yesterday I spoke to the Virgin tech/errors team on the phone and they reset my password over the phone and told me this change would be processed within 2-3 hours, however the new password is not being accepted (24h later). 

Please fix this for me, I urgently need to logon to the website to access a new broadband deal as my monthly price has just doubled for no apparent reason, and  I've been told I'm not eligible for deals listed on your public website because they are for new customers only and I need to instead logon to my account to access deals.