cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two virgin media accounts, my virgin media app

AngMike
Tuning in

Hi I have two virgin media broadband packages in my name. One at my parents address which I set up while I was living there and opted to leave it active as they are still there. I've now moved out and got a separate virgin media package for myself. The issue I'm having is that I signed up for my virgin media with the details of the first package and now have no way to access details to my new package or make/add an account on my virgin media. So when I sign in all I see is my parents account details. Is it possible to add an account for my new package? Or even make a new my virgin media account for it? 

Hope this makes sense and any help is appreciated 

32 REPLIES 32

Matt4566
Joining in

Hello,

I've just joined VM and I'm having the same issue as everyone else on this topic. Used my email address to set up my Mum's VM account some years back. I now have my own VM account and would like to use this email address.

Please can you contact me with the solution as I understand from reading the other posts this needs to be done by a VM employee. 

Kind regards

Matthew 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Matthew 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble signing in to your My Virgin Media due to the email already being used. If your Mum still has an active account, then you simply need to ask her to sign in to her My Virgin Media using the email you set up, and then in the Account Settings, she will need to change this to one of her own, or a different one.

Once the email has been updated, you should then be able to register to My Virgin Media after around 24 hours of updating your Mum's account. We wouldn't be able to assist with this over the Forums as we're unable to make any updates to an account where you are not the Account Holder.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Roryclark1992
Just joined

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem laid out in the original post: A My Virgin Media account which is linked to a legacy contract and a new Virgin contract which I can't link to My Virgin Media/create a new account for.

I've tried opening a new my virgin media account with a new email but as soon as it sees the new account number it tells me I already have an account and won't let me set one up for my new contract.

Can I also please be PMed to resolve this?