cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Def01 error

ColinGrieve
Joining in

Hi,

I'm having issues completing my account. I have signed up, got my new broadband installed on Saturday the 10th and since then, went to complete my account setup, but i keep getting the def01 code when at the security page asking to setup a security question, along with asking for my DOB, phone number and billing contact preferences. Can you help please?

10 REPLIES 10

ColinGrieve
Joining in

I would also like to say i have tried this on different browsers as well as the app. Tried clearing cache and cookies, tried it in private browsing as well. 

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ColinGrieve,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having some trouble registering for and setting up a My Virgin Media online account. Are you accessing the site at all via a favourite/bookmark on the browser?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

ColinGrieve
Joining in

Hi, 

I can access the my virgin media page. It takes me to logging in, and then straight to the complete your profile page where i can fill it in, but it won't let me save it as it comes up with "Oops, we've ran into a problem.
Wait a minute and try again. If this doesn't work, please come back later. (Code: DEF01)"

It's been doing this every day since Saturday and i can't access my parental controls to set up that side of my account as well. 

ColinGrieve
Joining in

Also, might i add. Excellent Blink 182 shirt. 

Hi @ColinGrieve,

I'm sorry to hear that this is happening. Can you confirm if you're accessing any part of the site via a favourite/bookmark on your browser? This can sometimes cause the issue you're experiencing, so I want to see if we can eliminate that potentially being a cause.

Oh, and thank you for the compliment on the t-shirt too. 😊

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

ColinGrieve
Joining in

Hi Zach,

I'm not entering it via a favourite or a bookmark. just from searching it via the web browser and then accessing my virgin media. It's just a tad annoying, due to just wanting it all setup so i can forget about it all. It does seem like it's a very common occurrence as well from what i can see. But there's never anything posted about how to fix it, just seems to be sorted post a PM from someone.    

NP about the tee. A lifelong Blink fan over here as well. 

Hi @ColinGrieve 

I'm going to send you a PM 📩 now to help further.

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

ColinGrieve
Joining in

Hi,

I had a PM to verify who i was, then i've heard nothing since then, no help passed on. Please help me out, i just want to get my account fully setup

Hi @ColinGrieve,

Apologies, I've just come online and picked up your messages.

I will respond to you now 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs