cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant access account - 5 months and counting

johngar
Tuning in

I had read that occasionally people have problems accessing Virgin media web site.

I registed my account back in January - installation went well and system all up and running.  I went on line to register so that could manage my account - all was ok until I wanted to change my password.  Once I started this it told me that I would get an email  - email arrived 2 hours later.  Clicked on it and said no longer valid - tried again next email 1 hour late and same outcome.  Tried lmore times and similar outcome either late email or if came through quickly then still said out of time.

Contacted help line, person said they would reset for me - after an hour they said there was something wrong and that they would refer to Second line support, who woud contact me in 5 days.  No Call!  I called back two week later, to go through exactly the same - once again after 50 minutes, they said will pass on to second line support - once again no call, no contact nothing.  I have now done this 5 times.  

I recently stopped my direct debit - hoping I would get a call, but no!  Amazingly they managed to email a reminder and a small fine for late payment.  Contacted help line again and this time they asked me questions regarding my billing - which I cant answer as cant access my account.  They were unhelpful.  They suggested I pay on line - which is ironic as still cant access account.

Went online to find more formal way to complain and yes you have to have an account and password to complain.

4 months later, 5 hours of wasted time and still not resolved.  For an IT company this is appauling - not assited by people who dont even understand the phonetic alphabet - try explaing a complex password ( as suggested) to a person who struggles with letters.  I really dont want to be lied to again - 5 days and exactly the same words - obviously read of a script.

Looks like next stage is to contact Ombidmans as there is no way to complain.

1 REPLY 1

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @johngar 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had and that you feel this way 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel