cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't register Virgin Media account

vmed1298
Joining in

When trying to register for My Virgin Media, I cannot get past the create a password stage. I get the error "Sorry, there was a problem registering that password. Please choose a different one."

I have tried different browsers and deivces, and tried changing the email and password used to log in numerous time, but still can't register. Can someone please advise me on the next steps?

46 REPLIES 46

Hi Tay-Lodge

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums!

Sorry to hear you're having the same issue with My Virgin Media, I'll drop you a PM now so I can help you with this.

Thanks

Beth

AntiSocialRhys
Joining in

Having the same issue, I have tried numerous passwords even the auto generated ones that are just random letters and number and nothing has worked, called the helpline and even they weren't sure why its happening, if someone could assist me that would be amazing

Hey AntiSocialRhys,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your online account registration. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

hammadbhatti786
Tuning in

I have exact same issue.
Is there any solution for it yet.
very strange that on different threads the issue is been discussed for last 2 years, but still no solution.

Hi hammahbhatti786,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

I can see we've just replied to your thread here: Sorry, there was a problem registering that password. Please choose a different one

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. If you need to update the thread then just reply to your original thread rather than creating a new one. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at the reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Jackp
Joining in

Hi,

I am having the same issue with the account. My direct debit was cancelled and I can not change it without an account. Some help would be much appreciated.

Hi @Jackp 👋.

Thanks for reaching back out to us, apologies for the issues that you are having with your Direct Debit. We can certainly assist you, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina