cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 accounts on the same email, can't access one, even with account number

Arkanoid
Tuning in

My dad had a previous account on the same email so I could administer it for him, now I've set up a new account at a different address, under my name, on the same email and have no way to access online services, any way I try to login or reset password including with the new account number, I end up back on that account, is there a way I can sort this?

86 REPLIES 86

Hello I have the exact same issue - one email and two virgin media accounts,

Hi @ColinR1 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

If you have 2 separate Virgin Media accounts in your name then you would need to use 2 different email addresses. I am sorry, but you would not be able to access 2 different My Virgin Media accounts with what would essentially be the same username.  As you've reached out to us on here, I would like to take a closer look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee, I have the same problem, could you help me too please ? thanks Julian

Hi there @seercomp Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the My Virgin Media you are having. 😢
I will assist you on this and investigate this. 🧾

I will send a private message.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Skodaboat
Joining in

Hi,

I've got exactly the same issue, could an administrator please respond?

Thank you 

Hi,

I've got exactly the same issue, could an administrator please respond?

Thank you

Hi Skodaboat,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are unable set up an Online account due to already having one, do you have 2 active accounts or have you moved and trying to set the account up using the same email address.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

There's 2 active accounts, one is my farthers and the other is mine which was recently set up. I used my email address a few years ago for my farthers account as he didn't have one at the time, I've recently moved out and have signed up for Virgin broadband but I can't register an account in My Virgin Media becuase the email address is linked to my farthers account (I also used this email when I first signed up for my broadband package).

I've tried setting up a new email and registering with this but for some reason when I try this it reverts back to the old email stating that it's already registered. It appears that some how the 2 accounts are linked but when I log in I can only see my farthers account and details.

Any help would be gratly appreciated.

Thank you for popping back to us @Skodaboat 

We would be able to arrange a move and transfer of the log in details however we would need to pass security with the account holder of both account, I can pop a private message across to you here but would your Dad be able to also chat with us via a forum message? 

Hi,

I don't really need the details transferring over, I just need my account setting up separately as my account number seems to be linked to my dad's for some strange reason. I can give you my account number and an email I'd like it setting up with, my dad's account doesn't need to be changed. 

Thanks