cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 accounts on the same email, can't access one, even with account number

Arkanoid
Tuning in

My dad had a previous account on the same email so I could administer it for him, now I've set up a new account at a different address, under my name, on the same email and have no way to access online services, any way I try to login or reset password including with the new account number, I end up back on that account, is there a way I can sort this?

73 REPLIES 73

Szeher
Joining in

my dad created an account a few days ago unfortunately with the same email address he previously had a contract but it ended and there is an old contract on the old account but no current contract which we bought we have everything at the post office but we can't log in to the main website of Virgin Media and gain access to it to the new contract because it puts us on old account i apologize in advance for my broken english

Hi @Szeher 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

In order to look into this for you, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. Can you please give me details to assist me getting this sorted? Thank you.

Wheezie

PaulA78
Joining in

Wonder if someone could help me. I've talked to customer service team twice and they haven't been able to help.

Originally I signed up for Virgin Media in April 2023 but cancelled before install happened because Sky said I was stiill in contract. I have signed up for Virgin now though in March 2024 but when I registered my account it shows my old account details / number.

It won't let me sign up to a new email address though as it says my account is still registered. So I have two accounts registered to the same email address and when I login it only shows the old account number and details.

Appreciate if anyone can help, thank you.

Thanks for reaching out to us @PaulA78, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

When you entered into a new deal with us - being the most recent sale, this should have offered you an alternative account number to the one that was issued from the previous uninstalled sale.

What happens when you attempt to register using this account number?

Thanks,

David_Bn

Thank you for your quick response. It allowed me to register the new account number and seemed to be created successfully. But when I logged into the accout (it was under the same original email address) it showed the old account number. I tried register the new account number again to a different email address but it says that account is already registered.

Thanks for coming back to us @PaulA78

I'd like to take a closer look into this for you, check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Thanks,

David_Bn

willfaulkner
Joining in

Hello, I have the exact same problem - I was told by Virgin Media that they would raise an IT ticket, however, this still hasn't been resolved! Can anyone help?

Hi @willfaulkner thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you've been unable to access your online account. And for any inconvenience this may be causing. I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hello I have the exact same issue - i can access one account but not the other (different house) - both with same email address