cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 accounts on the same email, can't access one, even with account number

Arkanoid
Tuning in

My dad had a previous account on the same email so I could administer it for him, now I've set up a new account at a different address, under my name, on the same email and have no way to access online services, any way I try to login or reset password including with the new account number, I end up back on that account, is there a way I can sort this?

73 REPLIES 73

The last account was closed on the 30th of June, and the new account began on the 1st of August. I have everything set up, but the account details when I log in are still associated with the previous one, and does not have any relevant details for the new account - whenever i try and access this i encounter the same problem as the other people on this thread. 

sorry, i mean everything as in the actual wifi box and that virgin media still has my details to take payment automatically, but i can't change any account or package settings.

I've got you @katb008 thank you for clarifying. 

I'll be more than happy to look into his with you via a Private Message. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Heyitallymcrae1
Joining in

Same issue, I’ve been into customer support neumerous times and nobody seems to be able to get my myvirginmedia connected to my new account, rather than my old one which is showing up. I have dead zones in my house and can’t log into the app to resolve! Thanks!

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Heyitallymcrae1,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you're facing issues with the account being transferred, so we can get this investigated I've dropped you a PM to discuss further.

The message will appear within the envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

Thanks for working with me on this one @Lucian51, and pleased we were able to have this sorted over our Community Forums for you.

Do feel free to report back to us if any further issues arise with the services.

Take care,

David_Bn

Likewise, David! Thank you very much for your swift intervention and your commitment to getting things sorted. 

Cheers,

Lucian 

bafticakir
Tuning in

I also have this problem, can't access my new account

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

With VM you cannot have more than one account associated with an email address, you must use different email addresses.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi @bafticakir thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you.

Kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W