cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wanting to upgrade to 1gig but...

noaa16
Joining in

hi

iam wanting to upgrade to the 1 gig service but keep getting obstructions in my path.

Mainly the.£35 activation fee, despite 2 calls to retentions etc there seems no way around this. what happened to

quickstart? is this still available?. i have installaed my last upgrades myself without issue. unless they are putting new cabling in (nope) iam capable of plugging in the new box and connecting  a couple of cables. (iam IT savvy).

tempting services by others for up to 1g up + 1g down  for below virgin price of 1g dn + 100mb up !

20 years a customer may be about to come to an end unless what i would call a reasonable retention offer (free activation) comes to light. 

sorry but rant over now, lets see what happens.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey @noaa16 Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the 1Gig upgrade and activation fee.
The activation fees are there due to the network changes the engineer makes when switching over to 1Gig speeds.

If you wish - we can have a look to see if there's anything that can be done in relation to the activation fee.
If so, let us know and we'll take this further. 😇

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

Do you still get the activation fee via the online upgrade route? 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

carl_pearce
Community elder

If you can get symmetrical speeds with other providers and aren't fussed with TV services or a phone line go for it.

No reason to stay with VM.

yup, thats where it is, i dont need anyone to install i can handle that,but still they insist on the charge after 3 calls trying to get rid of it

its the tv package + b/band that makes the package acceptable and worth fighting for, but come on VM 20 yrs a customer and no lee way !!

Ah, fair enough.

VM couldn't care less about loyalty.

Hey @noaa16 Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the 1Gig upgrade and activation fee.
The activation fees are there due to the network changes the engineer makes when switching over to 1Gig speeds.

If you wish - we can have a look to see if there's anything that can be done in relation to the activation fee.
If so, let us know and we'll take this further. 😇

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

noaa16
Joining in

hi llyas

yes that would be apprecviated, thank you. iam quite happy to signup for another 18months with my current package plus the additional  £2.24 upgrade to 1 gig. i think i was told i would be out of contract in july if that has any bearing on things.

tks    stu

I'll pop you a PM now to assist further 😊

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your time via PM @noaa16 

Glad we could resolve things but if you need help with anything else, let me know. 

All the best!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team