cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forced to pay over £500 to leave virgin

brian0324
Tuning in

in july i am due to move to my sisters home as i have  leg problems and i contacted virgin to say im moving and i cannot take my services with me  due to the  fact its my sisters home,she  has sky and dont  want  virgin media.

after  a  few  calls to virgin media they will not  release me from my new  contract,im a  week past cool down,because if the  area i move to has  virgin media  i am expected to take  my  services with me,which i cannot do,and round in circles we go,last bill could be aas  much as £500 plus,which i cannot afford as i am on a  pension.its hard to beleave that i have been a  loyal customers for over 15 yearts and i cannot get virgin media to understand  i am not allowed to take virgin media with me,even asked i could get a  reduction on mylastbill,say half,but no virgin want there pound of flesh.so i will move in july and run up a  big bill,thanks virgin media for you  not  helping  a  good  customer , i did all i could to reason with vvvirgin media but they just wont  help me,they say they cannot help me and wont  budge,thanks for nothing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

IMHO this is a suitable case for a discretionary approach given all of the circumstances. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Seems to be an increasing number of AI bot posts appearing on here just recently.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

What is the specific issue that is stopping you from moving your VM services?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The OP had mentioned his sister already has Sky, but yes he could in theory take VM as well and run both services in the house.  I have VM and BT at the moment, but not for much longer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

goslow
Alessandro Volta

He had mentioned "i am not allowed to take virgin media with me". I was wondering what the "allowed" bit referred to.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Reference to said sister perhaps?  Anyway getting a bit OT here 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

IMHO this is a suitable case for a discretionary approach given all of the circumstances. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

brian0324
Tuning in

my sister does not  want or  need virgin media in her home as she  has sky tv and will not allow another service in her home,when i move in i will be using her sky  tv. she dont want or need the  disturbance.

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @brian0324 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had and that you feel this way 😔

In order to look into the matter for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Thank you for your support @Cardiffman282, @goslow and @Adduxi 👍

Regards,
Daniel

david jenkins

removed

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]