cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You can't use that password

JoshCusack
Joining in

Hi I'm a new customer and I have been trying to create an account with you for well over a week now and everytime I get to the point of choosing a password it just keeps saying that I can't use this password. I have now tried well over 50 passwords and still no joy. Its getting very frustrating now.

298 REPLIES 298

Danny84
On our wavelength

I am trying to log in, don't even have a password, would not let me create 1 previously. Now it is saying I have an account but what is the password? All I am looking for is a reset password email so I can change whatever it is. I'm getting this message when clicking "forgot password"

Contact us

You can’t reset your password online right now, as you don’t have additional details set up on your account.

To reset your password, please contact us and one of our team will help you.

Clicking the contact us link takes me to a phone number, there is no way I am sitting on the phone for a password reset. I haven't even had the engineer round to connect up yet but I am seriously thinking about cancelling Virgin and going back to BT.

Jhadfield92
Tuning in

Well, after trying well over 100 different password combinations it finally accepted a stupid random one, don't know why it did't accept the other 100 different ones i tried.
However now as soon as I log in im getting;

"Oops, looks like something's gone wrong on our side.
Please try again"

Don't think i've ever know a company as big as this to have such a pathetic and badly run website.

Hi josephapower

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Can you advise what error you're getting and what error messages?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @marc_w90

Thanks for posting, welcome to Virgin Media and also the community. Apologies for any online account issues. Can you expand on what error you're getting, is it the password one? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @hughg1

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry for the online account issue. Is this the password issue? If so, can you confirm it meets the criteria;

• 8-10 characters
  • Starts with a letter
  • No special characters
  • At least one number

If so, please clear all cache/cookies, browsing history and then any auto-fill passwords. This worked for me 🙂 let me know how you get on

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Hi @jdlw1

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the online account issue.

Can you confirm, does it meet the password criteria; 

• 8-10 characters
  • No special characters
  • Start with a letter
  • Include at least one number

If so, please can you try clearing cache/cookies, browsing history and also any auto-fill passwords 🙂 try a new browser as well as incognito mode 🙂

Let me know how you get on

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Hi @ads381,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that you're having some issues when trying to register for and set up a My Virgin Media online account. When trying to register, have you ensured that you're meeting all of the below criteria?

•  Between 8-10 characters.
•  Must start with a letter.
•  Contain at least one number.
•  No special characters.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi BigThrowaway

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the online account issue.

Can you confirm, does it meet the password criteria;

• 8-10 characters 
  • No special characters 
  • Start with a letter 
  • Include at least one number

If so, please can you try clearing cache/cookies, browsing history and also any auto-fill passwords 🙂 try a new browser as well as incognito mode 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Hi Ovadiah

Thank you also for confirming what you have tried, it meets the criteria etc.

Please can you try clearing cache/cookies, browsing history and also any auto-fill passwords 🙂 try a new browser as well as incognito mode 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Same problem.as everyone else.

Done all the clearing if cache and new browser. Meet all password criteria.

Broadband installed but can't access app for bill.