cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You can't use that password

JoshCusack
Joining in

Hi I'm a new customer and I have been trying to create an account with you for well over a week now and everytime I get to the point of choosing a password it just keeps saying that I can't use this password. I have now tried well over 50 passwords and still no joy. Its getting very frustrating now.

298 REPLIES 298

I tried all that and nothing seems to work. I went through this thread and tried suggestions that worked for other users and im still getting the "cant use this password" 

Hi podimac, 

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly and confirming that you've done the above. 

We'll be able to get this raised to IT for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

KatMorisSecond
Joining in

Hi,

I have the same issue. None of the suggestions here worked - I tried different passwords, signing up via the app (iOS), different browsers, nothing. Can someone please help me set up an account? Thank you

Good morning. I have had virgin installed now for a month nearly and still unable to set up an account. Could someone please do this manually for me from the virgin team as I’m due a bill out soon and would like to see amounts etc

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Eve32,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Apologies for the issues faced with registering, so we can investigate this I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

hello support, im having similar issue too, all the criteria met and cleared cache etc, nothing worked. I read all the threads, this issue was first raised back in May 2022, it is now Feb 2023 and we are still having the same issue... Its unbelievable, can you pls let us know what we need to do in order to create an account? thanks.

Hi @chinswee99,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm incredibly sorry to hear you're having some issues when trying to register for an online account. Would you mind clarifying for me exactly what happens? Does an error message appear, or is it just stating that your choice of password cannot be accepted?

Can you also confirm for me what diagnostics and troubleshooting you've performed thus far in an effort to remedy this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach, 

Yes the passwords i tried to enter were not accepted, i have tried quite a few dozens where all met the criteria (for e.g. 8~10 characters, not using special characters, begin with a letter etc) but none of them have been accepted. This is really puzzing me, please help! 

Derek

Hi Zach,

Yes the passwords i tried to enter were not accepted, i have tried quite a few dozens where all met the criteria (for e.g. 8~10 characters, not using special characters, begin with a letter etc) but none of them have been accepted. This is really puzzing me, please help!

Derek

Thank you for confirming this @chinswee99 

Can you try registering using this link, clearing your cache and cookies on the device and using a browser other than Chrome to see if this works for you. When creating your password please follow this criteria; Between 8-10 characters, Start with a letter, Contain at least one number and No special characters.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley