cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You can't use that password

JoshCusack
Joining in

Hi I'm a new customer and I have been trying to create an account with you for well over a week now and everytime I get to the point of choosing a password it just keeps saying that I can't use this password. I have now tried well over 50 passwords and still no joy. Its getting very frustrating now.

298 REPLIES 298

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JoshCusack,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're facing a bit of trouble setting up a password for your online account. Are you trying to register via our website, or are you doing this via the app?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I’m facing the same issue. 
New customer, browsing via iPhone safari or iPad safari.

tried a variety of passwords from the most simples to more elaborate ones.

https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/register/create-password

E3877232-0996-4744-8F5F-9D27DA5B8954.jpeg

Hi @Jaydea,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

It's a shame to hear you're facing some problems setting up your My Virgin Media online account too. Have you tried using the app too?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I have tried on both website and app and still no joy. I'm just getting the same part where you have to choose a password and It's not allowing me to use any password.

Jaydea
Joining in

I could proceed further with a password like

abc111abc

which is the only combination that worked.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JoshCusack

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue, this is something we are aware of which is affecting multiple customers and our team are working to have this resolved as soon as possible. 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I also am unable to register because I can't enter a password...

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @smokey_mkii

Thanks for posting on our community forum

This is an issue affecting multiple customers, our team will look to have this resolved as soon as possible. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

PasswordsArgh
Joining in

Hi,

I am also a new customer who is experiencing the same problem and have been for the past week, it is maddening. I am using a password generator, making them up myself, I tried the abc1234acb which someone suggested and I am getting nowhere.