cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another Netflix after moving home issue

spotsilver
On our wavelength

Following in the footsteps of everybody else in the google results who got bored of endless promises of escalation from Virgin Media, I am here to report that I still do not have a Netflix activation email 23 days after the installation at my new property.

I have called numerous times, each time assured that a Netflix form had been sent and I would receive an email within the next few days. Each time, no email arrives, so I am still not getting the Netflix subscription that is included in the package that I pay for. As the convenience of having Netflix bundled within my package was one of the main factors in selecting the package I did, it is disappointing that I am still without it with no offers of bill reduction to cover the lack of Netflix. 

I've had numerous emails from Netflix asking me to add a payment method, informing me that my watch history etc would be deleted if I did not add a payment method. So all of my viewing history is now gone due to what should have been a seamless property move.

8 REPLIES 8

Jamie_R
On our wavelength

Ditto - any feedback to this issue (seems to be similar to threads back in 2022?)

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello spotsilver.

Welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with Netflix after your house move.

I'd like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Kurt-M
Tuning in

Unfortunately I am suffering the same fate. Since moving and my services being installed at the new property, I am no longer able to get onto Netflix that is included in my package. Essentially paying for a service I cannot use. With all the threads before and now this, I wish Virgin would have come to resolve this so it does not affect other home movers who were subbed to Netflix. Please help

Hey Kurt-M, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this.

I have taken a look and I can see you've spoke to someone since this post, did they manage to help at all?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I did indeed speak to someone. Having come here to see if this was a bigger issue I posted because I got the same responses as other people with no action. I’d really appreciate any help to get my Netflix activated once more. I really just looking for a smooth process. I appreciate everybody’s experience is different. Unlike many other providers it’s odd that when you move you have a new account set up. This is where this Netflix issue arises as your having to cancel it to just restart it. I don’t feel like the call I had will work. 3-5 working days to send me another activation email feels a stretch. Could you advise please.

Hi Kurt-M 👋

Sorry to hear these concerns about your Netflix service after speaking to us by phone. 

If the team processed a request for a new activation email to be sent on Monday (01.04.23) then we will need to wait until this has been completed before we can investigate further or offer additional support. - If we process this again for you now it may just re-start the waiting period again. If it's the case that once the 3-5 working day period advised has passed, there is still no sign of your verification email, please let us know! 

We do appreciate that this hasn't been the best experience, and we sincerely apologise for this! 

Thanks for your patience whilst the verification email arrives 🤞 hopefully this is sooner rather than later, but please do keep us updated! 

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Hi 👋 

So unfortunately as expected nothing has changed and nothing has happened. I was also promised a callback to check up which again did not happen. I’m really at a crossroads here. I cannot enjoy Netflix and I’m still paying for it 😣

I feel like there is no end in sight. When I call, all the options want you to go online and it hangs up. I need human intervention on this one. Please help me wonderful people! 👏

Hi @Kurt-M, we're sorry to hear this 😔

In order to look into the matter for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel