cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get a better deal?

brydona2
Joining in

My contract runs until November.

I'm currently paying around £76 for max it TV, 500mb broadband and a phone line with only calls at the weekend (which we don't use).

The price is going up to around £112, but my contract runs until the end of November. Is there any point in me calling them and trying to get a better deal?

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @brydona2 

You can renegotiate at any time, however you won't get the bext available deals until you are in the last 30 days of your current discounted contract.  VM tend to offer larger discount with the more services tyhat you take. Removing the phoneline will more that likely reduce your current discounts and possibly make the new contract higher.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello brydona2.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our community.

As @newapollo has advised you can get in touch at anytime to review your account, contract, costs etc.

from what you have advised it sounds like you are on an 18 month contract with a 6 month discount that is due to expire soon.

Please excuse me if I am wrong.

Should you wish to remove the phone line you would need to pay an early disconnection fee which is explained here

Without a phone line though, this gives us less available discounts to apply for a new contract.

Sadly as a community team we are not able to help with deals or package changes.

If you do get in touch with the team here 

Would you be able to let us know how you got on.

Gareth_L