cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do customers actually pay for the top package...?

-Maelstrom-
Tuning in

I presume that it's OK to ask? 😊

I'm having trouble getting a new contract (Volt). I've been paying £76 a month which has just gone up to  £86 and then £92 because my contact has ended. Bizarrely, I've still got a discount until April and then it'll go up to £111. This includes TNT Sports and 2 boxes

I rang in October and then in November, and was offered £91 pm (all on transcripts), but they couldn't successfully put me through to the right section (whatever that would be, as I'd rung Retentions). I've got a great transcript of me being on hold for 8 hours.

Yesterday, VM couldn't go better than £181 pm via chat. On a second attempt, £155. Today via phone, It came down to £119, but apparently, I would be losing a few things, i.e. Sky Movies/Ent. UHD.

So, I guess that I can just carry on as I am, not losing anything and paying less. Virgin staff seemed to think that this never happens, that it's cheaper to be tied into an 18 month contract, but it's not worked that way for me over the last few months.

Our whole estate had awful internet access (3.5mb), so as a group we approached Virgin and asked if they could extend their network to us. Over 90 houses signed up all around the same time, so we all have similar end dates. I don't know anyone else who pays as much as me.

4 REPLIES 4

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi -Maelstrom-,

Thank you for your post. 

To confirm, are you asking for help with your package?

^Martin

-Maelstrom-
Tuning in

Well, if it's possible to get it cheaper. The idea that it's cheaper out of contract doesn't seem right, and this is only really an issue as when I've been offered cheaper prices, Virgin staff haven't allowed me to accept them. I don't know really what the expected cost is, but what I'm getting offered now is more than not being on a contract.

The advisor earlier said that she'd send me details of the current offer and of the complaints procedures, but I've not had anything.

I am happy to take a look to see what packages are available. 

I will private message you now. 

^Martin

-Maelstrom-
Tuning in

Is there anyone else that finds it cheaper not being on a contract?