cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want my refund now, very frustrated

Oojee
On our wavelength

As title, I am VERY frustrated. 
I’ve wasted so many hours trying to sort this BEFORE this happens and was promised so many times it wouldn’t happen!

too much money was taken from my account on my first bill. I want the £50 refunded back to my bank immediately. 

I also want this processed as an official complaint.

thank you. 

7 REPLIES 7

Cardiffman282
Super solver

As the debit is disputed if you paid by direct debit you can instruct your bank to reverse the debit under the Direct Debit Guarantee. You would still need to liaise with VM on it to reach a way forward. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Thank you for your reply. I had to do this last year when I closed my account, the exact same thing, promises that my refund owed would be taken off the final bill and it wasn’t. I had to go through my bank to get a refund, which is more work for me when it’s virgins fault, and the it showed up on my credit report as a missed payment! 

I know virgin can pay money back into banks via bank tranfer. It’s simple. They have screwed up my new account so much right from the very start, with absolutely everything! 

Hi Oojee,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, so we can try to help please can you expand a little on the billing issue you are facing?

Regards

Paul.

Oojee
On our wavelength

I went on chat and was told my complaint has been logged and someone would get back to me asap, not heard anything. 
my first bill should have been £56, it was showing as £106 as virgin made mistakes. I was promised over and over that this would not be taken from my bank, only £56 would be taken. I knew this would happen!
I haven’t got that kind of money to be taken! and then not returned immediately, especially explicitly without my consent. 

j1mgg1980
On our wavelength

Hi,

Did you get this resolved?

I renewed to a 18mth contract for £50, but the next bill was for £224 and they took it, started a chat on here and the person said it was solved and the money would just stay on the account, they have taken another £141 today, nearly a years payment in 2 mths.

Jim

Oojee
On our wavelength

Hi Jim, 

nope! I lodged a formal complaint, have a ref number for that and someone was supposed to get back to me within 24-48 hrs, can’t even remember how long ago that was. 

This seems to be a regular thing they do, steal peoples money, (and it is theft as it’s taken without consent) make promises and not follow through, not reply, then try and say they can’t do bank transfer to repay the stolen money when they obviously can! I haven’t even got to the stage this time of them denying to pay my money back, they are just ignoring me! 

They owe me £50, which they took without my permission, explicitly, and now no contact. I want interest paid on that for however long they’ll have it and compensation. 

imagine how many people they do this too and all the extra interest they are making on other peoples money they’ve taken without consent, just shocking. 

the same with you, that’s a hell of a lot of money to take from you then refuse to pay it back and saying it stays on your account…where’s the interest on that going cos it’s not in your bank! 

this is all a huge scam. 

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Oojee,

Thanks for clarifying on this further, we do want to look into helping you with this and seeing if we can come to a resolution on this with you, for this I will need to confirm some further information from you via a private message to review this.

Joe