cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin destroyed my credit score

luciandorian83
Joining in

Hello. Last year at the end of September, I called virgin media to cancel my contract. I have been subscribed to virgin media for 5 years and I have never had a late payment. Someone from virgin media told me that I had to notify in advance to cancel it and I had to pay an installment once more. I paid and after 2 months they inform me that I have to pay again. I called and they said that they can't look into my account until I pay. I paid again and they saw that the request was submitted but they did not close my account. That woman promised me that she would hang up on me and that I would receive an email. In the spring of this year, I received from the BPO that I have to pay at virgin. And I called and again my account was not closed. They also told me that they would close it the other day and I received that I have to pay. I called and was told that my account was closed in April 2023, 6 months after I submitted the request to close the contract. In the meantime, I checked my credit score because I would also like to buy a house with my family. I have 2 children and one has autism and I struggle hard to raise money and apply for a mortgage. And virgin media shattered this dream for me. I was up-to-date and their incompetence ruined my credit score. What did I do wrong if I have the right to choose and they took revenge by ruining my credit score and my dream of buying a house. I have all the records with everyone I talked to and they confirmed that the application was submitted last year at the end of September.

5 REPLIES 5

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @luciandorian83, thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community.

We're really sorry to hear about what's happened and the impact this has had on you and your family.

Have you logged a dispute directly with the credit reference agencies, Equifax or Experian, regarding this matter?

Regards,
Daniel

Not yet, because I tried to solve the VM problem first

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do consider seeking advice from Citizens Advice to understand your right and available paths to resolve this issue.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Hi @luciandorian83, thank you for your response.

In order to discuss this matter further, we'd suggest contacting our Credit File Amendments team. Their e-mail address is creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk. 

Regards,
Daniel

jingcui6
Tuning in