cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin confined no missed payment but missed payment still on credit filw

CSP85
Joining in

First reported incorrect missed payment on credit file 3/01/2024 to credit file team. Got some rather generic reply.  Challenged further and they didn’t even review the correct account, rather than our current contract they were talking about one we had 3 years ago with them again never missed a payment.

Long story short, spoke a manager around 2 weeks ago after several colleagues tried to help as they couldn’t understand why the missed payment was applied but had no authority to remove it.  The manager called me back 72 hours later and confirmed that it was a error and no missed payment had occurred on our current account. 

The manager confirmed he would email the credit team to remove it. Also advised me to email them our conversation and provided a reference number. Over a week and half on no email back from credit team and no removal of incorrect missed payment.

we are trying to purchase a new house and at the moment this is have huge impact on our move.

can some please contact asap to help get this removed once and for all.  

6 REPLIES 6

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey CSP85,  thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear this.

If you have emailed creditfileamendments@virgin.co.uk they can take up to 21 working days to reach out.

This is also the only team who can remove this so please do not worry you are still in the time frame.

If you haven't heard anything after 21 working days do Reach back out.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If / When appropriate do consider speaking with the:

• Financial Ombudsman concerning impact of this on your ability to obtain finance; they should be able to advise on which records need to be kept should a complaint seeking compensation become necessary via their service
  • Information Commissioner's Office concerning the lack of diligence with maintaining a correct record of your data and not correcting it in a timely manner

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

How can you go back into the 21 day cycle with each reply we send, this needs escalating asap.

The team investigating our complaint initially looked at an account from 3 years ago regardless to us proving our current contract number. 

Which means we had to wait another few weeks for this to be dealt with. So now it’s been 7 weeks and still not been resolved! Awful complaint procedure and sure the ombudsman would agree! 

Hey @CSP85,

Sorry to hear you feel this way, with this its not a timeframe we can escalate as it can take up to this long to be reviewed by the team, if you have been waiting over 21 days since contacting them, let us know and we can see about chasing this through for you.

Joe

Joe I am desperate for someone to help here! Clearly your departments are not communicating.  

I’ve had a email today stating as they’ve not heard of me in the last 28 days they have closed the complaint. But I have called the team detailed in their email on the 4th Feb to confirm they had not resolved the complaint.  The manager called me back 48 hrs later to confirm that he will message the credit team to have the incorrect missed payment removed from my husband file, and asked I also send a email which I did on the 10th February.  It’s day 16 from my last edit email and now this.

We are in the process of selling our house and now it looks like we will miss out on purchasing our new home due to this. This is having financial and mental health issues now.

someone needs to take ownership of this and get it resolved asap! We first raised this 3/01/2024 it’s been nearly 2 months.

absolutely terrible complaints handling, Virgin clearly don’t have a clue how to handle complaints between departments.

I’ve got all the emails etc and you will see the mess Virgin have made with this complaint. It’s already been agreed there no miss payment!! 

Hi there @CSP85 

Thank you for popping back to us and I am so sorry to hear that this issue has been on going. I'm going to pop you a private message so we can take a closer look into this. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.