cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent credit file amendment

Elizabeth_234
Joining in

I have sent an email recently and been on multiple phone calls regarding my credit file. After miscommunication from Virgin Media a payment I have made has been marked late and is now affecting my chances for applying for a mortgage. This is very urgent as the mortgage has a due date on the 12th of April.

I have spoken to your colleague who has advised me that this late payment will be removed from my credit file. Especially, when there was a misunderstanding and there was no communication about the remaining payment that was due.

Please could you amend this and let me know when that’s been done as I can't underline how urgent this change is.

Thank you,
Elizabeth
5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The usual process for alleged inaccuracies on credit files is to email the details to creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk with supporting evidence, and they should respond on a 21day basis.

Have you done this? And if so, when? (Is it within the 21day period or not)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes I have already emailed the team twice within the last 4 days and called your team up twice to underline the urgency.

Hey @Elizabeth_234,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

We are sorry that you are affected by this, as stated above it can take up to 21 days for the team to respond to these queries, we do not have a way to expedite this as the team works to this SLA, we do ask that you bear with the team whilst they work into this.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I understand but this is very urgent, is there anyway to make the team aware of this to speed up the process?

I could generally lose my mortgage from this and I wouldn't be asking if I wasn't desperate.

Thank you,

Elizabeth

Hey @Elizabeth_234,

We understand the urgency, however as stated we do not have a way to expedite, this teams SLA is set and we cannot amend this as it can take up to this long for them to look into this and resolve this for you.

Joe