cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register for a My Virgin Media Account

blue32
Joining in

I’m trying to register for a My Virgin media account, when I registered for my own broadband service for my new house, I used my @ntlworld email to sign up which was set up on my dad’s account when the family first got broadband over 10 years ago.

When I try and register for the my Virgin Media account and put in my own account number and area code the login says “we have found you” but when I log in with the @ntlworld e-mail address and password it goes to my dad’s account which has completely different account number and area code.

I have also tried creating a new account using a Gmail email address for registering with my own account number and area code it says an account already exists and shows my @ntlworld email address with every other character blocked out.

I spoke to one of the support team who said there was no “My Virgin Media“  account associated with my service and this was confirmed by trying the “I have forgotten my e-mail” option and putting un my DOB, account number and area code and I get ” We haven't been able to find your details with the information you have provided”

So at the moment I’m stuck and unable to access or create an account so I can manage my broadband service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Blue32, 

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM's, now that I've amended the email could you try registering for your Online Account again for me please? 

Let me know if you still encounter any issues and I'll be right here for you!

Thanks,

Megan_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Blue32,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Online Account looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

This sounds like a really complex one, so we might be best going into a PM so we can take a look into what's going on within your services. 

I'll send the PM over now and we'll speak soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Blue32, 

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM's, now that I've amended the email could you try registering for your Online Account again for me please? 

Let me know if you still encounter any issues and I'll be right here for you!

Thanks,

Megan_L

All fixed now, have been able to log on to my account

Thanks for the help👍

Hi @blue32, thanks for informing us this is fixed - that's great news!
Thanks for taking the time to let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

mlm5051
Tuning in

I have exactly the same problem what was the solution details so I can try the same

Hi @mlm5051 👋 Thank you for your post 😀

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing the same problem 😔

Can you firstly please confirm whether you're trying to use an e-mail address that's already connected to another account?

Regards,

Daniel

mlm5051
Tuning in

I don’t think so which other accounts might you be thinking about?

Sorry Daniel, I’ve just been away from my iPad I don’t think I use my ntlworld address other than my email

mlm5051
Tuning in

Is there any support available for me to follow up my problem with not being able to sign in to my virgin media?