cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register for My Virgin Media Account

RuthieV
Tuning in

Hi

I signed up for Virgin Media yesterday and have since received several emails suggesting that I register for My Virgin Media account now. However, every time I try to do this, once the 'I am not a robot' box has been ticked and I hit the Submit/Continue button, nothing happens, i.e. the same page with all completed details is displayed and I can get no further.

Any ideas please?

Thanks, Ruth

274 REPLIES 274

Hi

My Virgin Media installation took place back in January 2019 - I am still unable to register for a My Virgin Media Account.

Can someone please resolve this issue. Thank you.

Regards, Ruth

Hi briank49

I'm still unable to register...six months after installation! What a joke. Have just reported it (again) to Virgin Media. I'm not holding my breath.

RuthieV

Hi Ruthiev,

Thank you for coming back to us,

I would like to invite you into a private chat so I can look into this for you, I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

cjwb
Tuning in

Hi,

I am also having problems registering my account, I get the message below...

'We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account at the moment. Please try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account at the time of your broadband installation. We are looking forward to connecting you to your superfast broadband.'

However my service was installed nearly two weeks ago

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same position unable to setup account signed up to VM yesterday several emails with various details arrived this morning but all telling to register Can complete the first registration page but the continue button is greyed out no errors showing on the page. Best of all you can't use the on line reschedule appointment option unless you can log into your account.

I had to phone pre installation number to arrange a site survey and the operator said my account number was not valid and had get access to my account via name, postcode and password

Beginning to regret signing up already

David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi cjwb

Welcome to our community forum pages and thank you for your post.

We are sorry to hear that you've been unable to register your account.

Has there been any improvement with this since your last post?

If not please let us know as we'd like to see how we can help on here.

Many thanks. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

briank49
On our wavelength

David

I've beenadvised to wait until my virgin system has been installed (in two days time) as this is supposed to sort out the problem, So I am just waiting right now as I'm or wasting my time on this. I will retry after the installation, but have no confidence that it will solve anything judging my the volume of complaints on this subject around the Virgin media community. This problem has been in existence for many, many months now - Virgin are still sending out series of emails to new customers telling them to register and IT JUST DOES NOT WORK.  

As I have said beforet this is AN AWFUL FIRST IMPRESSION OF VIRGIN for new customers.  I cannot believe that this problem has remained unresolved for so long. Right now I simply regret having moved from Sky and would not recommend Virgin to anyone considering the switch.

I will of course let you know whether the installation on August 20th did actually resolve the matter.

David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi briank49

We appreciate that this is a disappointing start to your time with us.

In situations when an online account cannot be registered we generally advise waiting around 24 hours after installation.

If there's no improvement at this stage we can try to register the account on your behalf with your permission. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Anonymous
Not applicable

If that is the case can you please make sure all the emails you send out to new customers reflect this as it will save a lot of frustration and time wasted and possible annoyed new customers

Thanks

Hi David, 

No its still not working, same error message