cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register for My Virgin Media Account

RuthieV
Tuning in

Hi

I signed up for Virgin Media yesterday and have since received several emails suggesting that I register for My Virgin Media account now. However, every time I try to do this, once the 'I am not a robot' box has been ticked and I hit the Submit/Continue button, nothing happens, i.e. the same page with all completed details is displayed and I can get no further.

Any ideas please?

Thanks, Ruth

274 REPLIES 274

Hi  @Doug_

Thanks for joining me in a Private Message. I'm sorry about this but I've raised an IT ticket to ask them to check and please allow 10 days (hopefully it's sooner) for them to get back to me. Fingers crossed it's an easy fix for them.

Thanks,

Lisa

Thank you Lisa, I really appreciate your help.

Have a great day!

Doug

No problem and you too 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

"I've been speaking to our IT Team and they've had a thorough look into the issue with each other across different specialties and they've confirmed that email addresses are completely released where available,  with active cable accounts and not just active online accounts. This may explain the available email addresses issue."

What does this actually mean Lisa?

For others on here, i have tried to create a number of email addresses with different variations on my name.

It says its available and i go through the process to register it.

It then says there is an error.

When i go back to register this email again it says its taken.

Virgin told me that all these emails addresses are actually taken by other customers and thats why its coming up as being taken and its nothing to do with me trying to register them and then having an error.

So i tried an experiment and typed in a number of random letters and numbers that no one would ever be able to copy.

This again said it was available and i went through the registration process and it failed.

I then copied this random series of letters and numbers in again and it said that this email was taken.

Seems like we are being mislead here by the IT team with the 'too difficult' light coming on so they fobbing us off with any old excuse to shut us up.

I got my broadband installed today, i might freeze my payments to Virgin until they can be bothered to sort this out as i still have my old broadband running.

@UKCustomer

I have experienced exactly the same. The registration seems to get to a certain stage before coming up with an error. Try that email address again and it says that you need to use a different username. It's like the system registers the use of the email address but doesn't actually create the account.

Freezing your payments to VM won't achieve anything. All that will do is risk you being blacklisted for not paying your bills and as a result your credit rating will drop. 

As it stands, Lisa is the only person who has been of any help to me from VM. The "Message us" system through virginmedia.com is beyond useless for getting to speak to someone. Phoning in hasn't achieved anything either.

Fingers crossed the IT ticket as raised by Lisa does the trick...

Carter8
Joining in

I've had this problem for 6 months and I am.at my wits end with it. I have called so many times and got nowhere. This means I've never had access to the on demand services. I have also never recieved the £229 gift promised. 

I have tried everything suggested in post but nothing. 

Please can you help Lisa?  @Lisa_CC

Hi Carter8,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry to hear you're having this issue as well and for the delay in getting back in touch. 

I've had a little look into the account using the details you've provided when joining the community and I can see that the team have been trying to get in touch regarding this to resolve your concerns. 

The team will be back in touch again so please keep an eye out for a phone call but if you don't hear back within the next few days please let us know and we can assist further. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

the team have assured me they would call after 6 but have failed to do so for 4 days, they keep calling when the account holder isnt around its beyond a joke., I was assured the would call tonight after 6 but nothing. 

they have just called again at 1130 after assuring me they would call after 6pm. Can you please get skmeone who can actually fix the problem to call me after 6 tonight or I will be calling cancellations as you are not fulfilling the full contract and 6 months is more than reasonable time to get this resolved. 

I have looked into your account and can see that the team have tried to get in touch with you 3 times and have now closed this down as they could not get in touch.

However I can look into this further for you, I will need to drop a private message over to you now and we can get this sorted for you.

Regards

Steven_L