cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT HELP NEEDED. Payment made but no service restored??

mario_outlook11
Joining in

Hello, I need your help again please. I just made a payment to my virgin media broadband account, because apparently my services have been cut off due to ‘missed payment’!!! This is extremely inconvenient because I received no warning or notification of this. I don’t even know how much I owe!! I would like to enable direct debit to prevent this from happening again because it’s extremely inconvenient to have my services randomly suspended like this as I work from home..

I have made a payment of 70 pounds and it has been almost 30 minutes yet my internet still is not restored. Interestingly when I check my account it says it is over 50 Pounds in credit yet my services were cut off..? This is so confusing… Can you please help me?

7 REPLIES 7

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mario_outlook11 

Welcome back to the community forums

Sorry to hear of your service concerns. Restrictions are usually lifted once payment is received and processed at our side. Depending on the method of payment this can range between lengths on how long a restriction will take to lift, but it's usually within 2 hours.

I have checked the system at our side and can see that your services are all back up a running, please let us know if you have any other issues or if this is not resolved for you at your side. 

You can check your billing through your online account and follow the steps to set up a direct debit here if you still require to. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hello, those instructions don't work? When I click on the "View Bill" button I can't see the "Set up direct debit" link? It seems this is a new interface and the instructions have not been updated:Screen.png

Ah, how odd. 
I have double checked at the steps on the link are up-to-date are are referring the same version as I can see if your screenshot. 

Which link did you select on the help page? What happens when you click the link that says Go to Set up Direct Debit’?

If you have just made a payment it may take up to 24hours for this to be fully applied to the account and update everything on our side. This maybe the reason the direct debit option is not available to you at this time if the above has not directed you to the page to set this up. 
I recommend trying in 24hours time once the payment and account has had time to process and let us know should you still not have the ability to set up the direct debit. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

I get this message when I click on that link you provided. What I find extremely odd is the fact that this is actually my 5th month as a Virgin Media customer, yet this message says it is my first month. Do you have an explanation for that? My account also said I was in CREDIT and that my bill is due in April/May, yet my internet got cut off today. Is there a reason for that that I am not seeing? Happy to discuss over private message

No-bill.png

I will try again in 24 hours and report my findings here.

Thank you

Thanks for getting back to us @mario_outlook11 
Have you had services with us previously?
If so, does the information on the online account marry up with the details for your new account or are you continuing to use maybe an older log in for an older account?

Here to help 🙂
Carley

hello, 

Yes I have previously. I used the same email address as my previous account... Will you be able to fix this, please?

Hi mario_outlook11, 

This could be where the issue is then as it's likely you're account may still be connected to your previous one. 

Let's take a closer look at things for you. I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs