cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching / changing primary account holder

Chrissielou
Tuning in

I would like to change the account holder name on  our Virgin media account from my mother’s name to mine so I can then change the Direct Debit to my bank account and generally be in charge of the account.  My mother has the primary account and currently pays the bill and I have a secondary account and we want to keep both the email addresses associated with these accounts.  Is it possible to switch who has the primary account or do we need to do something else to make me the main account holder and able to pay the bills, make any other changes to the account.  We both live at the same address and both use the account which has broadband, landline and tv on it.  Any and all help greatly appreciated, thank you😀.

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspect VM's computer will say no.  Changing the contract may even end up with a early termination fee for your Mum,  and a new 18 month contract for you?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Chrissielou

Thanks for your post, welcome back to the Community Forums 😊

We're afraid that we cannot perform account transfers into someone else's name. We can only apologise about that.

However, in regards to the primary and secondary accounts (we assume you're referring to the My Virgin Media accounts), we could theoretically remove the secondary My Virgin Media account, and then arrange for the primary account username to be swapped to your email address. We could then set up a secondary account again but with your Mum's email address for her to use. However, to do this we would need to speak with the account holder directly to obtain her permission to do so. 

Even with your Mum still being the named account holder, the Direct Debit on the account could be set up with your account. However again, this would need to be a request made by the account holder.

We hope that helps - let us know if you have any further questions at all. We'll be happy to answer.

Beth

Thanks, that’s what I suspect too.

Thanks Beth_G, will have to discuss this with my mum and decide where we go / what to do from here.

Hi Chrissielou

No problem at all. Just keep us posted if you need any further assistance. We're here to help. 

Beth