cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, there was a problem registering that password. Please choose a different one

dilanb
Tuning in

I’m having this issue. I tried the laptop, app and then cleared all the browsers and tried again.

can you please help 

16 REPLIES 16

Chris112
Joining in

I’m having exactly this problem trying to reset my password - I have fulfilled all the criteria but will not accept the password. I see from chat history that this has been an issue for VM for years - any update? 

I’ve seen the same error on the forum and it’s a bit frustrating as I can’t do any account management 

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Dilanb 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting, welcoming you back onto the community forum 😊.

Sorry to see you are having problems with your registering password for Virgin Media ☹.

Have you tried using the app or the website? Does it not work for either of them?

Please can you make sure all cache and cookies are clear.

Have you tried to use another device? If so what happens?

Can you please make sure if it is a third party email, these criteria are met.

For third party email clients, please try this;
1. Login to your MyVM Account
2. Click the Account Settings tile
3. Next, select the Virgin Medial Mail Settings tile
4. The next page will display a Red Button labelled "Generate new App Password"
5. You will then be presented with an automatically generated password. This is the password that needs to be entered into your mail client.
The password will look something similar to this:

mail-horse-yellow-panda

It needs to be entered exactly as displayed on screen (including the hyphens).

Let us know how you get on.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi,

I’ve tried on both app and the website. Rest the history and cleared it all. Got the same issue 

Thank you for trying Dilanb.

So I can take a deeper look to what is happening, I will be private messaging you.

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

philm3
Joining in

I have followed all the above steps, tried through a browser on desktop and the app and also attempted to contact customer service and the live chat. The live chat doesn't work and the customer service line seems to only allow me to make a payment and then hangs up on me. Can a staff member please DM me so I can get a password setup

Drumbeat
Dialled in

Having password problems with NTL email using clients. Outlook, Apple Mail, Thunderbird and Postbox all reject generated passwords provided by Virgin. I have had to contact all in my address book to tell them to email me at a Yahoo! address from now on. My NTL address works on Virgin's webmail site, but not in email clients. Raised this problem here two weeks ago, and though someone has tried to help, nothing has happened. I cannot believe this is a difficult problem to fix, but if no-one in Virgin's techy department gets to see my complaints, how will it ever be remedied?

hammadbhatti786
Tuning in

Hi,
Anyone ever managed to fix this issue.
I am stuck as well, no any password works to signup for account on VM.

Hi @hammadbhatti786 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies for the issues that you are having with creating an online account. We can certainly assist you, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina